Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    thanks! still needs to be fixed.
    Absolutely. Just sharing an easier workaround to the soft reset...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith
    Absolutely. Just sharing an easier workaround to the soft reset...
    Appreciated!
    mobiTalk is now updated to fix Network library problem (too many sockets in usage) and does not need to be launched after soft reset.

Use the auto update feature "Check for updates" from the app and download the latest beta over the air.
    A few questions:

1. Can the reading speed be setup to slower?
    2. Is Mike going to be the only voice available? A female voice would be nice.
    3. Will this be available for other languages such us Spanish?
    4. I hope it doesn't cost too much becuase the quality of the voice is only OK.

Al
    You can download the "Crystal" voice within the app which is a woman.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Fyi, after doing the OTA update and relaunching mobiTalk, my Treo 650 soft reset and Saved Preferences got wiped out so make sure you have a backup handy

700p reset also...did not lose saved prefs though.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Fyi, after doing the OTA update and relaunching mobiTalk, my Treo 650 soft reset and Saved Preferences got wiped out so make sure you have a backup handy
    Same here, and wiped out.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    700p reset also...did not lose saved prefs though.
    +1 for 700P

Mine reset too, but I didn't lose my preferences. BIg difference from the 650.

Al
    What we need is a speech-to-text application so you can type emails or messages by voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    A few questions:

1. Can the reading speed be setup to slower?
    2. Is Mike going to be the only voice available? A female voice would be nice.
    3. Will this be available for other languages such us Spanish?
    4. I hope it doesn't cost too much becuase the quality of the voice is only OK.

Al
    a. No, at this time - there is no option to set it slower.
    b. We have Crystal voice available too. Both are US voices. We are planning to add UK Andre/Laura too.
    c At this point, it is restricted to English only
    d. I am not sure about the final price as this is still in beta. About the quality, this is the BEST possible with any apps including desktop/call center/auto speech applications in the world presently.

HTH
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    +1 for 700P
    Fixed in the next version. This happens only on auto update.
    Quote Originally Posted by bonron
    What we need is a speech-to-text application so you can type emails or messages by voice.
    We are getting quite a few queries to STT such as this.

Speech to text application is not mature and does a naive job in conversion and very processor intensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by causerie
    We are getting quite a few queries to STT such as this.

Speech to text application is not mature and does a naive job in conversion and very processor intensive.
    It seems to work pretty well on the little Samsung phones the few times that I've tried it.
    Need the ability to read selected text in Blazer. Cutting and pasting and then reading is too tedious. We need to ability to open e-mail or web pages, select the text we want read, and then have only it read.

Steve
    What happened to this application? Any new development? The idea is great, I'm looking for something like this to read my emails from chatter. Is this software progressing or are there any others like it?
    I wonder why developers begin work on a new app when they yet to complete previous ones?!.
    m8s, an open-source app is very busily brewing - so hold your decision on this. Announcements will come sooner. And it is lot more advanced than this one.

Do anyone care abt buying a product from a company that always bites its customers with poor/no support and when this was evident in past many times and when there is a better alternative available?

- $5
    Last edited by Dollars5; 09/25/2006 at 10:05 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12