Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I *really* relied on Diddlebug with my 650. It does not seem to work on my 700P (alarm goes off and freezes palm). BugMe doesn't seem to be working either.

Anyone have better experiences with this or alternative suggestions (app to write something quickly and alarm in X minutes).
    yes it does work. I download the latest from palmgear.
    yes it works on mines
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    wat did u find to be latest version?
    well im using v.2.90.b.4
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    ok... turned out I had a corrupt prefs file. After deleting diddlebug prefs (using zLauncher), it now works again. HOWEVER, as with the 650, I get no sound from the alarm unless Profile Care is installed. Are others having this issue?

If able to hear alarm in diddlebug without Profile Care installed, any suggestions as to what the problem might be would be most appreciated (even when testing alarms in diddlebug, I don't hear the sound.... alarms work fine in other programs).
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203
    well im using v.2.90.b.4
    thats what I have too, thanx
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    I'm using v.2.90.b4 too but my alarms still aren't working. It pops up but theres no sound. My ringer is on the max and the swith on the top is on. My bugme has a 2-3 minute delay for any sound to come on but the pop up box pops up at the correct time. Any way to fix this program or a similar app to try? My treoalarm works fine and rings on time.
    Ah I figured out why my diddlebug wasn't working. Silly me, I turned off the system sounds because I thought it used alert sounds and I got annoyed of that clicking sound. When I turned back on the system sounds I heard the alarm just fine.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Yup.... just remembered myself that I keep system sounds off and that's the issue. However, I *hate* hearing that click everytime I push a button (but not as much as my wife, who has even more sensitive hearing). So for now, I'm using Profile Care, which allows Diddlebug to still have sound with sys prefs off. Jeff from gotreosoftware is hoping to get out a new version of Profile care for the 700P this week.

It would be great if someone were willing to update Diddlebug- it's been a long time. Here are the main issues I'm aware of:

1) Sound issue noted above
    2) Vibrate doesn't work at all (this would be *great* to fix).
    3) After soft reset, the alarm sound defaults back to the main palm alarm sound.
    I only have three alarms working in DiddleBug on the 700p: Bird, Sci-Fi, and Alert. Can I hack it somehow by copying some files and renaming them? I believe I did this once in another app but I have forgotton how and now I can't even find the appropriate files (seems to be just one sound file for Diddlebug). Any sound experts out there?
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    copernicus.... just fyi, all the sounds (that show up under "signal" in alarm prefss in diddlebug) work fine on my 700p (and there are *many* there). I do use ProfileCare to enable alarm sounds with my system sounds off- that could make a difference...
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    copernicus.... just fyi, all the sounds (that show up under "signal" in alarm prefss in diddlebug) work fine on my 700p (and there are *many* there). I do use ProfileCare to enable alarm sounds with my system sounds off- that could make a difference...
    Hi pdadoc, not sure if it is my system but, under alarm prefs/signal, all the alarms work if I select them from signal (change from say Sci-Fi to Fur Elise). However, if I *acutally set* the alarm to something other than Alert, Bird, or Sci-Fi then the alarm reverts back to the system alert (on the first alarm even) when it goes off. In other words, I have that long list there and they seem ok when switched from one to the other in Alarm Preferences, but not when I set them to say 1 minute from now. Do you have one of these other choices set and is it working for you? If it is ProfileCare I am definitely going there from here.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Yup.... they all work, including x minutes from now. HOWEVER, after a soft reset, the alarm REVERTS back to the basic alert. If then reset in diddlebug, it will continue working fine-- until the next soft reset.

This is one of the bugs in diddlebug. Saw your post on other thread, and trying to encourage Shimon over at shsh to consider taking this on.... He's a great developer, and if he did it, I'm sure it would come out the other end *much* improved....
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    Yup.... they all work, including x minutes from now. HOWEVER, after a soft reset, the alarm REVERTS back to the basic alert. If then reset in diddlebug, it will continue working fine-- until the next soft reset.
    Many thanks then for checking it out, and for the lead to ProfileCare as a possible fix. I believe you will find it interesting to discover that if you use any one of the three alarms I mentioned above (Alert, Bird, or Sci-Fi) they will not be replaced by the basic alert after a soft reset (I just confirmed it with Bird). I find that in a quiet environment Bird (which I never liked before and could hardly hear) can draw ones attention to the Treo in a discrete way when modified by VolumeCare to an appropriate level. DiddleBug has been stable since I re-instlled it and anything to improve or to keep it going is worth the effort.

...Saw your post on other thread, and trying to encourage Shimon over at shsh to consider taking this on.... He's a great developer, and if he did it, I'm sure it would come out the other end *much* improved....
    I certainly hope that he considers it and that people interested in DiddleBug make an effort to contact the developer Peter Putzer (email: pputzer@users.sourceforge.net) to convince him to either give us another update or let someone help him with the project. I also wrote him a note. You never know, a couple of emails might just get him into the mood.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Here' one other thing I *just* came across (after going back to sourceforge, open source developer of diddlebug). Toysoft make an app called Koolsounds, which *enables* the vibrate function on Diddlebug! You can even set how many times you want it to vibrate. It also enables use of wav or mp3 sounds as an alarm. Unfortunately, you *have* to use one of these sounds (ie, can no longer use the built in midi sounds). So I'm search for a new "discrete" simple alarm wav or mp3 sounds. But it works fine. And you can set it so it only affects Diddlebug (or any other app), and not all apps....

Here's a link: http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseac...&prodID=109168
    Thank you very much for that!