Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Will keep this brief. Ordered Telenav even though they told me it wouldn't work with the 700 because the $60 deal for the globalsat GPS receiver was too good to pass up. In the meantime, I ordered the tomtom software. Of course, I had to try the telenav software and - it works! I do prefer the tomtom package because telenav depends on a data connection, while tomtom can access information straight from your card and if you lose your data connection, you'll still have your gps connection (though perhaps it doesn't matter if you download your trips first). In any case, thought folks may like to know.
    Good to know. I just ordered the same deal a day or so ago.
  3.    #3  
    I gotta say, the globalsat receiver is a sweet little device. You're going to love it.
    I like the tom tom / globalsat combo when it works, but when I launch tom tom it takes it 5+ minutes to find the globalsat. Any ideas? Thanks,
    Vincent
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Do you have a link for the deal?
    --Don
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by donnyb
    Do you have a link for the deal?
    I don't have the link, but if you go to the telenav site go through the sign up process and put in your information, it should present the offer. You're basically paying 60 bucks for 6 months of service plus the receiver.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by IamVincent
    I like the tom tom / globalsat combo when it works, but when I launch tom tom it takes it 5+ minutes to find the globalsat. Any ideas? Thanks,
    Vincent
    I'm not sure - mine pairs within seconds. I have the tomtom receiver as well and it connects automatically. If I switch back to the globalsat, I have to reconfigure it. You may just want to try that by going to the tomtom menu and clicking gps status.

One of these receivers is going back. I'm just not sure which one. Both seem to do the same thing. Globalsat seems to have a bit better reception in NYC, but both lose gps signal at times because of the buildings. Around home, it works great. I'll probably just stick with the tomtom system and send the other back.
    I have telenav with my 700p and for some reason I keep getting the "gps signal is weak" message. when it worked flawlessly on my 650. anybody know why?
    Anyone know if it's a sirf III receiver you're getting? If so, $60 is a darn good deal, assuming you don't have to send it back if you cancel.
    I can't seem to get to a page where I can buy it. It keeps saying I already have an account.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I hope it is good, I just ordered mine, was debating the one advertised with TomTomb but another $160 or whatever it was, was stearing me away from it. I have an old Pharos reciever, but with all the changes, just figured it would be best to get a new and updated one. Hopefully this one is SIRF III.

As far as where to order, I clicked on the Telenav Store link and it asked for my carrier, then phone etc. And then showed the $60 special.
    Did you choose the 650? I don't see the 700P listed when I choose Sprint-
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Yes, 650. Should work fine from what I have seen.
    So this is a free SIRFIII GPS receiver? If so that's hot.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    So this is a free SIRFIII GPS receiver? If so that's hot.
    It is a Sirf III receiver. It is the Globalsat BT-339. Appears to be the same as the BT-338 with cosmetic changes.

Jason
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonsf
    It is a Sirf III receiver. It is the Globalsat BT-339. Appears to be the same as the BT-338 with cosmetic changes.

Jason
    Wow...I'm ordering one now, that's an awesome deal!
    I have a newbie question, how does TeleNav work if you get a phone call? Can you take the call and then when you hang up do you return back to the route? Is it pretty seamless?
  18.    #18  
    Definitely Sirf III chip as previous poster says. As I said, I do prefer the tomtom maps with the globalsat receiver. Even if you pay the $60 bucks for 6 months of telenav and the receiver and use it with tomtom, it's still a tremendous deal. Very cool functionality to have on your Treo.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I recieved mine two days ago, I do like the Telenav but I do hate when you loose phone service, the reciever also works with earthcomber maps, so the two of them togeather seam to get the job done.
    I love how great the reciever works, much better then my gps unit that came with DeLorme street atlas, and better then my stand alone Eagle mapguide pro PGS.
    Terry
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Did you call to order?
    --Don
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast