Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I have read mixed things on this. Two reasons I want the 700p is the EVDO and that I can get calls while using it. I hate when I miss calls browsing on the internet currently with 1xRTT.

Anyway I have seen different results with this feature and I really need to know this. On the Verizon network can you get calls while browsing? I read with EVDO always on that you cant? Any information is appreciated!

Thanks
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I can receive calls while I am listening to streaming audio, which I was not able to do on my 650.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Excellent. That pretty much says you can. I thought this was one of the features of EVDO. I was starting to think that POS was not able to do it.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    It does allow you to receive calls....as long, as you don't use the code ##EVDO# to force EVDO. Seems that stops the call from interrupting and also blocks SMS.
    I have received calls while teathering to my laptop and using blazer.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meinken
    It does allow you to receive calls....as long, as you don't use the code ##EVDO# to force EVDO. Seems that stops the call from interrupting and also blocks SMS.

Seems very odd forcing EVDO would make it so you cant get calls. Very odd. I mean if you were using EVDO and then happen to go into a non-EVDO location then it would go to 1xRTT which we all know cant get calls.

This is very puzzling,.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by e2chris
    Seems very odd forcing EVDO would make it so you cant get calls. Very odd. I mean if you were using EVDO and then happen to go into a non-EVDO location then it would go to 1xRTT which we all know cant get calls.

This is very puzzling,.
    Theres another thread describing this...but force EVDO, turns off the 1xRTT radio and 1xRTT is used for SMS and Voice calls. EVDO is strictly used for data in this version. Just leaving the phone as it is, has it defaulted as automatic. Both radios are turned on and used as needed.
    who uses forced EVDO and whats the difference between that and regular EVDO?
    I have a lot to say but I dont want to get banned...AGAIN!!