1.    #1  
    i just bought my first treo. woot! i got the 600 to start off.
    Of course i am a noob, but need a little help accessorising.

1. does any one know what the max memory upgrade for a 600
    i am thinkging that the memory size does not matter. i am looking at the 2 gig and wanted to make sure it could handle it.

2. what is the best kind i see SD and MMC? i see moslty SD.

3. any must have accessories that don't come with it. also i will not have a earpiece/headset.

any suggestions welcome

thanks for any replies ahead of time
    2GB is the max for the 600 (if formatting on your PC, make sure its fat16)

SD cards are prefered mainly because of max size, but MMC capacity has grown. Still, you'll find SD cards easier to get.

Can't really help on accessories...mainly an individual thing. Probably a must have would be a car charger. Maybe a case...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    is window xp professional fat 16? or would i have to do something with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by dphouse84
    is window xp professional fat 16? or would i have to do something with it?
    XP is NTFS. When you put your card into a reader, and go to format it, you'll have an option of what file system to format as. It'll either say fat16, or simply fat - don't remember off the top of my head. (Just don't select fat32.)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    One other thing about the difference between MMC and SD: SD cards are able to read/write data faster than MMC cards. The only application where this could have a noticeable effect would be playing MP3s. I've never tried using an MMC card, so I can't say if the read speed has any effect when listening to songs on a Treo; maybe others have tested the difference between the two formats.

One thing I did notice about SD cards and the 600: it doesn't seem to like no-name, generic SD cards. I would regularly have my generic SD card unseat by itself despite being in the slot (sometimes the 600 would have difficulty reading the card, even though it seemed to seat properly); when I switched to a name brand (SanDisk) SD card, the problem went away. I gave the generic SD card to my father in law when he bought his first digital camera.