1.    #1  
    There are many apps that are categorized as launchers. Some move apps to the card and others do not. Some do nothing but launch/move to cards e.g. powerrun. I have 2 questions...
    - Is moving an app to an sd card simply an OS move of the prc file e.g. using resco explorer to move an prc to card?
    - Programs that specialize in card operations like powerrun, what else does it do besides moving the prc file? Does it automatically move associated preferences and databases?
    - If an app is moved to an sd card and you beem a file that is associated with this app, how will the OS know if the file's app is installed?
    - looks like the top 2 apps that manage such sd card operations are powerrun and zlauncher. As related to this particular functionality, which one does it better?
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Don't forget LauncherX. Moves the app to the SD card, and you can run it from there. No muss, no fuss, works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by cnewtonne
    There are many apps that are categorized as launchers. Some move apps to the card and others do not. Some do nothing but launch/move to cards e.g. powerrun. I have 2 questions...
    - Is moving an app to an sd card simply an OS move of the prc file e.g. using resco explorer to move an prc to card?
    - Programs that specialize in card operations like powerrun, what else does it do besides moving the prc file? Does it automatically move associated preferences and databases?
    - If an app is moved to an sd card and you beem a file that is associated with this app, how will the OS know if the file's app is installed?
    - looks like the top 2 apps that manage such sd card operations are powerrun and zlauncher. As related to this particular functionality, which one does it better?
    I can try to answer about ZLauncher because that is what I use... ZLauncher moves the .prc and related databases to the card in a special folder for that app. When you tap the shortcut in ZLauncher, it moves all of the contents of the application folder to RAM and when you exit the program it moves everything back to the card.

I might not have been doing it right but I never had very much success beaming an app I had moved to the card with ZL. If I wanted to beam something I usually moved it to RAM, beamed it, then moved it back to the card.

I have never tried powerrun but I have been very happy with ZL. I was also looking to spice up the boring Palm launcher too so the theme function was another piece I was looking for that ZL does very well.
    Hello, I found this post from my search "Zlauncher Powerrun". it return 349 results. cnewtonne's post is similar to my question. does powerrun move associated preferences and databases?? I couldn't figure it out from PalmGear's description. http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseac...5&prodID=15870

happy hunting!
    Visor -> Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Treo 800w
    databases yes, preferences no. Most preferences are stored in SavedPreferences and UnsavedPreferences files and they stay in RAM regardless of the launcher
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."