Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Did you regret not getting a screen protector or case of some sort? I really like the look and feel of the 700p without screen protectors and cases... was wondering what kind of possible problems might arise from this type of use.
    Well, imagine dropping a $700 piece of electronics on the street, then decide if you want a case or not
    Some issues with naked Treos are scratched up casing and screen and a higher chance of being damaged if dropped. My wife and I both got 650s and the same time. Mine was in a Krusell case the whole time while hers was naked except for a screen cover. Mine looked brand new while hers has scratches and nicks in the casing.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    If you really want to go naked, at least install a screen protector and full body Invisible Shield or full body BestSkinsEver skin.
    hell...
    i always use mine naked...
    especially when i wake up...
    before i go to bed...
    sometimes i'll even reach for it from the tub...
    ;-)
    ~there is no spoon~
    I've had my 650 since they came out and never had a screen protector...I carried it in my pocket with keys and needles(joking about the needles)....and dropped it over a dozen times ...I know it doesn't sound it but i do take care of it, Im just clumsey...and I have no problems at all with the screen...
    I used my 600 naked and loved it. I always used a screen protector because I figured I would clean the display frequently and didn't want to take a chance that I would scratch the LCD.

My case didn't look too great and had a bunch of nicks and scratches on it from normal use and a couple of drops.

The way I see it, the comfort I got from carrying my device in my pocket was worth more than the few additional dollars I would have received on ebay if the body was in "like new" condition.

I suggest that if you buy a new device every year and sell the old devices, then get a case. If you like to carry your device in your pocket and don't mind a few scrapes and dings go naked.

Carrying smartphones is really where women and those men who use "man purses" have an advantage.
    Man purses? Just carry the thing in a holster. There are some pretty unobtrusive holsters made to hold naked Treos.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    A scratched and well-used gadget is a badge of courage. Besides, chicks don't dig a guy who coddles his cell phone like it's the Hope Diamond.

If it gets beat up too badly, that's what insurance is for!

Naked Treo, it's the only way to fly.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    If you really want to go naked, at least install a screen protector and full body Invisible Shield or full body BestSkinsEver skin.
    BestSkinsEver is AWESOME!!!! Have it on mine and it looks great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzan
    BestSkinsEver is AWESOME!!!! Have it on mine and it looks great.
    can you post pictures?

i've never had good luck with "stickers" on my phone so i'm curious to see what it's like...
    the website doesn't show anything, just the actual product...
    thanks
    ~there is no spoon~
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    A scratched and well-used gadget is a badge of courage. Besides, chicks don't dig a guy who coddles his cell phone like it's the Hope Diamond.

If it gets beat up too badly, that's what insurance is for!

Naked Treo, it's the only way to fly.

i agree...
    but i do have a case that i use normally, and i'm in the process of manufacturing them for sale...
    they will be cheap and will be super perfect for naked treo fans....
    ~there is no spoon~
    I've gone through over 10 650s, dropped them, opened beer bottles, lots of torture... never had a problem with the screen. Well there was this one time that I accidentally took it into the jacuzzi with me and it still worked but you had to push down the right side of the casing to make the color adjust correctly

treo screens are very well built.
    Can an intelligence create another intelligence more intelligent than itself? Are we more intelligent than the evolutionary process that created us? In turn, will the intelligence that we are creating come to exceed that of its creator?

[ Treo 650 on Sprint ]
    Quote Originally Posted by mushedroom
    can you post pictures?

i've never had good luck with "stickers" on my phone so i'm curious to see what it's like...
    the website doesn't show anything, just the actual product...
    thanks
    Check out the Best Skins Ever FAQ page.

Found this thread with pics.

I'm gonna try 'em out.
    Motorola Startac → Samsung SCH-8500 → SonyEricsson T608 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p
    Aren't they invisible and hard to see on the phone? :think:

Anyways.. mine should be in the maillbox today.. im gonna go check
    Can an intelligence create another intelligence more intelligent than itself? Are we more intelligent than the evolutionary process that created us? In turn, will the intelligence that we are creating come to exceed that of its creator?

[ Treo 650 on Sprint ]
    I'm not too crazy of my BeskSkinsEver. The screen cover in particular really bites compared to the screens i've used at brando.co.hk, and they are near impossible to put on perfectly.

After the screen experience, I'm not too keep on trying the rest of the package. Maybe i'll take another go.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoskater
    .. mine should be in the maillbox today.. im gonna go check
    You got the 700w skin, right? Wouldn't that fit best?

I think this provides a good alternative until the ClearCase comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by aristarchus
    I'm not too crazy of my BeskSkinsEver. The screen cover in particular really bites compared to the screens i've used at brando.co.hk, and they are near impossible to put on perfectly.

After the screen experience, I'm not too keep on trying the rest of the package. Maybe i'll take another go.
    I wasn't planning on using the screen protector (i.e., I'd keep the one I have on now & just use the BSE for the body of the phone). You can do that, right?
    but seems like the protection aspect isn't really there where it's crucial like right at the corner or on the tip of the antenna
    ugh
    why can't they make a adamantium case and call it the "treo wolverine"
    ~there is no spoon~
  20.    #20  
    does anyone know of a retail location that sells screen protectors or cases?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast