Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by teriq
    <snip>I probably will tape it shut on the sides with clear tape when I get the new back cover and drill a reset hole in the back case since I will seldeom need to open it. <snip>
    One thing though: it catches dirt around the screen and under the little plastic thing that goes under your screen and over the 5way navigation pad. So you may want to open it once in a while just to remove dirt.
    - Jeeman
    hey guys i'm going to be selling some really inexpensive cases for the treo...which will allow you all to keep them naked, and protected at the same time, without any stickers and WITHOUT increasing the size of the package...very streamlined case...etc. and i think i can keep them down to a cost of about 8.00 each 3 for 20.00
    i'm working with a manufacturer in china to make a couple of small tweeks...but it's a very basic design and already proven out there... let me know if you're interested...
    ~there is no spoon~
  3.    #43  
    naked and protected? doesn't that violate some law?

PS anyone know any retail locations where I can demo some of the cases and protectors mentioned in the thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by muncheroo
    naked and protected? doesn't that violate some law?

PS anyone know any retail locations where I can demo some of the cases and protectors mentioned in the thread?
    i have yet to find a place...
    fry's is the closest kind of place, but they suck where i live
    as far as cellphone accessories...
    ~there is no spoon~
    Yeah, there really aren't many retail stores with wide variety of Treo cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by mushedroom
    hey guys i'm going to be selling some really inexpensive cases for the treo...which will allow you all to keep them naked, and protected at the same time, without any stickers and WITHOUT increasing the size of the package...very streamlined case...etc. and i think i can keep them down to a cost of about 8.00 each 3 for 20.00
    i'm working with a manufacturer in china to make a couple of small tweeks...but it's a very basic design and already proven out there... let me know if you're interested...
    Requirements for the ultimate case (IMHO...considering I'm a pocketer, not a belter):
    • Either invisible or attractive (invisible preferred)
    • Minimal addition to phone size (I used a form fitting Vaja T65 case...nice construction, but I'm tired of the additional bulk). This includes having (at least) the option of no belt clip or other protrusions (like the ClearCase hinge)
    • Protection from scratches (obviously)
    • Protection from falls (let the case take the brunt of the force)

That's why I'm leaning more toward a CrystalCase than skins. The rubber skins violate the "attractive" rule (IMHO).

Will your cases fall in the category of skins or case?

In the meantime, I'm awaiting a CrystalCase for the 700p.
    Motorola Startac &rarr; Samsung SCH-8500 &rarr; SonyEricsson T608 &rarr; Treo 650 &rarr; Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by 4spammers
    Requirements for the ultimate case (IMHO...considering I'm a pocketer, not a belter):
    • Either invisible or attractive (invisible preferred)
    • Minimal addition to phone size (I used a form fitting Vaja T65 case...nice construction, but I'm tired of the additional bulk). This includes having (at least) the option of no belt clip or other protrusions (like the ClearCase hinge)
    • Protection from scratches (obviously)
    • Protection from falls (let the case take the brunt of the force)

That's why I'm leaning more toward a CrystalCase than skins. The rubber skins violate the "attractive" rule (IMHO).

Will your cases fall in the category of skins or case?

In the meantime, I'm awaiting a CrystalCase for the 700p.
    skin probably...
    hard to explain yet so simple in its design
    something that you'll totally want to have and use...
    ~there is no spoon~
    I got my BSE (indoor) and crystal case (outdoor). why I do it this way? because when I travel... airport, subway, bus ... it can get bump or drop. But in the office it's stay on the desk or in my pocket
    I finally installed the full BSE yesterday. It's nice that my 700P won't get scratched very easily now, BUT the BSE seems to be a dust magnet.
    I carried my 600 in a case. Found it to be a burden. Upgraded to a 650 and carried with no case only with a screen protecter. It was very slippery and dropped it many many times. Ended up with some e-grips and they worked for a while but stated to wear out and still ended up dropping it. It is pretty scratched up on the sides and edges but the screen is fine. Bought the 700p 2 weeks ago and have finally have the perfect protection. Went with a crystal clears case with the flip up lid and BSE with seidio back cover with reset hole and extended battery with seperate charger. Drilled a reset hole in the crystal case using seidio's cover for a template. It matches perfectly.
    I installed the screwable belt clip button because I use a cradle in my car which accepts any case with a belt clip button while driving. The BSE is perfect and I used some extra material to cover the exposed antenna. This stuff is better then egrips and with the BSE with the crystal clear case, there is no movement at all. The flip cover is removeable but haven't decided yet. I will not have to ever take it out of the case other than installing my original battery if needed for extended trips. Have dropped the case two times on concrete and the case opened up but with the BSE its totally protected with no marks, but I did chose to use the martin field for the screen protection instead of the BSE. I intend to use clear tape on the sides of the case to prevent it from opening when dropped, but I feel this is the perfect solution for me. I have used many many cases, faced in, horizontal, and totally enclosed, but I preferred it faced out due to my car craddle without the need to remove it from the case. Have also used the palm case but it wore out too fast.
    I have to use my 700 naked...I love the way it looks and don't want to cover it up. Its like having a new Corvette with a braw on the front end...I could never understand it...just take care of the car. It is hard not to ding your device up, but I just take the chance and I try to be careful as possible. Dings here and there give it character for the duration of the time you have it letting you know when its time to purchase something new. I found that the less I worry about dinging mine up, the better I take care of it without any dings, but when I am worried about dinging it up, something always happens...I just dive into it and use it without worrying and she is still in awesome condition.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit2
    Hi Teriq,

I am also planning (actually had ordered) to use BSE w/ my crystal case (also from ebay!). thx for the tip on the "movement" issue I was wondering about that too. I may look into Martin fields screen protector idea... I am using the free one that came in the box

btw, so far I drop my treo only 1 time. It chip a little on the bottom part and top left side but I think the clear case took most of the beating, it came apart during the 2ft drop.
    If you ordered the BSE since 6/12/06 you should receive there newer template which is much easier to pee off. The original ones were difficult to peel because you had to peel off the excess and hold down the actual skin to remove. The new template no longer has the excess. By the way, if you order the seidio back with the reset hole, you can use this as a template and drill a hole in the crystal case to match perfectly. Just make sure you use some clear tape on both sides to mark before drilling. This way you will not need to remove the case to reset it. The seidio back cost $9.95 + shipping.
    much easier to pee off.
    Treo skins are a diuretic now?
    Or is the Treo a portable dialysis machine? Awesome!
    Just kidding
    Which do you guys prefer for a holster?
    it must be habit, but the first thing I usually with a new device is put a screen protector on it.

I even put one on my blackberry.

Because I carry the treo in my pocket, I had to buy a case for the blackberry. This weekend I tried the treo in the same case and it worked. i doubt it will become a habit thought.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigDee
    Which do you guys prefer for a holster?
    Just installed the BSE. Very nice fit, easy to install, treo is less slippery. I give it an A+. I skipped the screen protector.

I am using the re-designed seidio holster. It has a nice spring clip and holds the treo very securely. The proclip holster is nice, but I had a few pop-outs with hard falls onto the floor. Also, the belt clip has broken off 4 different proclips that I have owned (2 for the 600 and 2 for the 650). I contacted proclip a few times and they were non-responsive.

The BSE works perfectly well with the Seidio holster. Unfortunately, the proclip car holder (an excellent device) is a little too tight now.
    Palm V --> Clie 610 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 ("verizonfied") --> Treo 650 ("verizonfied") --> Vz Treo 700p -->AT&T Tilt
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    Just installed the BSE. Very nice fit, easy to install, treo is less slippery. I give it an A+.
    I just installed the BSE on my Treo 700p (and also on my 60GB iPod 5G). They do look MUCH better after 48 hrs, btw. I used a little plastic lubricant on them to make them a bit less "sticky".
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
    Hi Teriq,

I agree, so far the setup you wrote is best for myself also. I took off the flip cover... didn't upgrade the screen protection yet, it's $$$ issue.

I dropped my 700 for the 3rd time after I applied the clear case (from ebay) + BSE. with BSE I didn't see any "new" scratch and the case took most of the fall (it fell apart). I was on the train when this happen... the fall was about 3ft drop bouncing off some lady's leg on it's way down I was more worry about my Treo than her leg

thanks for sharing everyone, I think I have found the middle ground (half cloth?) for my treo. It looks nude...or half nude? haahah

Happy treoing,

I carried my 600 in a case. Found it to be a burden. Upgraded to a 650 and carried with no case only with a screen protecter. It was very slippery and dropped it many many times. Ended up with some e-grips and they worked for a while but stated to wear out and still ended up dropping it. It is pretty scratched up on the sides and edges but the screen is fine. Bought the 700p 2 weeks ago and have finally have the perfect protection. Went with a crystal clears case with the flip up lid and BSE with seidio back cover with reset hole and extended battery with seperate charger. Drilled a reset hole in the crystal case using seidio's cover for a template. It matches perfectly.
    I installed the screwable belt clip button because I use a cradle in my car which accepts any case with a belt clip button while driving. The BSE is perfect and I used some extra material to cover the exposed antenna. This stuff is better then egrips and with the BSE with the crystal clear case, there is no movement at all. The flip cover is removeable but haven't decided yet. I will not have to ever take it out of the case other than installing my original battery if needed for extended trips. Have dropped the case two times on concrete and the case opened up but with the BSE its totally protected with no marks, but I did chose to use the martin field for the screen protection instead of the BSE. I intend to use clear tape on the sides of the case to prevent it from opening when dropped, but I feel this is the perfect solution for me. I have used many many cases, faced in, horizontal, and totally enclosed, but I preferred it faced out due to my car craddle without the need to remove it from the case. Have also used the palm case but it wore out too fast.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123