Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The camera on the Treo 700P is horrible in low light. In fact I can't take pictures indoors anymore whether in day or night. The camera on the 650 was much better as far as lighting. Can this be hacked to open the iris? Can a mini add on app be made for iris control? Let us all come up with a pool to donate money to whoever can do this successfully. I donate $20!
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    The camera on the Treo 700P is horrible in low light. In fact I can't take pictures indoors anymore whether in day or night. The camera on the 650 was much better as far as lighting. Can this be hacked to open the iris? Can a mini add on app be made for iris control? Let us all come up with a pool to donate money to whoever can do this successfully. I donate $20!
    honestly,
    i believe i know why the imaging is poorer on the 700p with the bigger sensor...
    it's because...
    they are using the same size sensor but instead of having a certain number of receptors that pick up light and translate the data into a picture...they've overstuffed it with 1.3 million pixel receptors...
    kinda like stuffing sardines in a can...
    if you put 3-10 in a can you'll have nice fluffy undamaged sardines when you open up the can, versus stuffing 30 sardines in the same can...where you're going to get compressed flattened and damaged sardines...(gross analogy but i hope you get the point)...
    same principles in camera pixels...

and usually when you cram that many pixels into a small sensor, it translates to really poor low light photos and more noise issues....
    hope this helps...
    ~there is no spoon~
  3.    #3  
    Thanx for the info mush! Anyone want to create a bounty?
    I'll put $5 in the pot for a working app
    "So, Bond, how did the new smartphone work out?"

"Fine, Q. It has excellent aerodynamic properties."

"I'm sorry?"

"I tossed it at a Russian agent, stunning her. Then I took her Treo 700p."
  5.    #5  
    Ok $25 do we hear $30, $35...
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    count me in I'd pay $10 for a working camera app
    Depending on how good the app. is I'd go as high as $20.
    Last edited by infinitemethod; 06/09/2006 at 01:16 PM.
  8.    #8  
    yes!!!!
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I'll chip $5 in.
    hey guys...
    sorry to burst the rising mountain of camera hack bounty money...but...
    the barebones truth is that there is only so much that the camera can do, given the actual physical dimension and pixel real estate...
    the only other thing i could see as being an option for better photos is a palm-photo editing app but that's it...
    sorry guys...
    ~there is no spoon~
    $10-$15, depending on how good it is
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Thank you mushedroom but I'm willing to put up $5 Lets keep it going.
    I have a lot to say but I dont want to get banned...AGAIN!!
    $10 from me if it makes a difference
    Quote Originally Posted by elbombillo2
    Thank you mushedroom but I'm willing to put up $5 Lets keep it going.
    right on...
    i'm just speaking on a technical point of view...i'm a professional event photographer...and i'm always on top of camera in order to keep up with new advances...and generally in situations like this, where you've got super micro pieces of equip with overloaded pixels, generally in-camera processing is minimal because the more you try to in-camera tweak the worse the output...

however... post-camera generally is always the key/savior of the photos...
    ~there is no spoon~
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I have seen other phones that allows the user to adjust the brightness, thats all i need and i would pay for that.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    im in for $10
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    I have seen other phones that allows the user to adjust the brightness, thats all i need and i would pay for that.
    true...but honestly they probably have sensors that are of a better grade or quality...
    we are probably using the exact same size sensor just crammed with pixels to account for the 1.3 jump from video screen quality...

in which case an in-camera brightening would cause the image to be all "noise" and no image...
    that's what happens when you shoe-horn pixels into small overworked sensors...just to have bragging rights of 1.3MP

look at the samsung cellphone camera...case in point...
    i believe it was a 7MP digital cellphone...
    and got the worst reviews, even with flash...
    ~there is no spoon~
    I'm in for $5 which should give us a theoretical total of $105 now!

tc
    I'm also a professional photographer and it would be near impossible to change the physical attributes of the camera to come out with brighter photos. But I think it would be nice to have some kind of user adjustable brightness settings before one would send a photo off via sms or email just so the recipient could see it better.
    I'd be in for $5 IF it could provide a better picture. I'd be another that talks about cramming more MP into the same sensor as before. The amount of megapixels is meaningless if you have a junk lens and a junk sensor which the 700p is 2 for 2. All the overstuffed sensors do is introduce more noise into the picture. There's only so much in-device processing can do at that point.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast