Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My first attempt to take pictures in the dark failed me and now I'm pissed. At least with the 650 I could take these pictures and I could see what was going on. Anything is possible, make it happen!
    I'd be in for a few bucks as well. Don't forget the reason the 650 had a low pixel count was because it had better performance in low light. I guess we screamed so much about the low pixel count CCD that the went ahead and put the higher resolution CCD into the 700 which did not have as good of performance at low light. We kinda asked for it. But I agree, the camera app is pretty lame.
    I would be in too $$. Dont use the camera very often. However, if the 700p's camera were better, I would use it more. So, I would be very interested.
    That being said, I agree, until something comes along in the way of SW/HW, an antenna based LED (Luxion) would be very encouraging.
    Maybe we can experiment with having a single LED shining on the subject and shoot pics for comparision without, using a 700p. ( all other conditions being equal)
    There were varisous apps available for the 600 like Pickem, cameratest, movierec etc that extended the funtionality of that crappy camera, that I have to believe a dev can create an app to tweak the 700p's camera as well!!

However, the ultimate mod imo would be if some one could hack a flash into the Treo!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    ha ha ha
    everyone's so worried about low light...
    i wonder why... hehehe... cause the 700p does fine in normal light situations...
    c'mon you pervs... you know its only so you can take those x and r rated photos!!! ;-)
    ~there is no spoon~
    LMAO no comment
  7.    #47  
    anyone?
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Has anyone used a flash on a camera phone that was actually useful??
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    only if you're going for that corpse or a vampire-ish look...
    ~there is no spoon~
    I took a photo with the 700p under my desk at the power supply and cords, etc. where it was dark. Sure enough, the photo was generally dark and you could only make out the outline of the brighter items.

After bringing the photo into Photoshop CS and applying the Highlight/Shadow filter and jacking it up to about 45% on the Shadow filter, I was able to see much more detail in the photo. It became very useable.

So it's my estimation that even though we may not be able to get a hardware change to rectify this problem, there could be a Palm app that does something similar to the Shadow filter in Photoshop.
    You could always get one of these. http://www.phonephlash.com/

I know it might be a little bulky but what else could be done? I wish Palm would have taken the extra effort to put in a half decent flash at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    ...actually the flash on my Sanyo MM7400 was great....
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    Quote Originally Posted by mushedroom
    only if you're going for that corpse or a vampire-ish look...
    LMFAO!!
  14.    #54  
    bumP!!! let's keep this thread alive so someone could take a stab at it...
    Isn't there a way someone could set up a script on a server so that you can upload a pic and it can adjust the brightness, then download it again?
  16.    #56  
    bump bump bump!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigDee
    Isn't there a way someone could set up a script on a server so that you can upload a pic and it can adjust the brightness, then download it again?
    I don't think so since there are users that use the treo with out data plan plus it could take to long to upload and download.
  18.    #58  
    anyone? no one? someone can make a hack to adjust the brightness???
    I would be willing to part with $20 for a modest improvement.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123