1.    #1  
    This is starting to become a major issue for me. Everytime I connect with the 700p (Sprint) to Power Vision I get a error:

Error: 3000: Data service is unavailable in your area, please try again later.

It then drops me to the log. I do a reconnect and it works fine. This happens every single time I try to connect. I've done soft resets, hard resets and it still happens.

Anyone else having this problem?
    I've seen it a few times...always connected w/ next try. Didn't seem to correlate with weak signal -- i.e., I could have 6 bars and still get this hiccup. Bummer if your 700p is doing it every time. That sucks. Sorry that I don't have anything to help other than to agree that it's unacceptable behavior.
    Motorola Startac → Samsung SCH-8500 → SonyEricsson T608 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p
    I have this issue CONSTANTLY. It seems to be a matter of a timeout delay. If a program has the ability to adjust the length of the timeout delay (like "OnDemand") then there is no issue. Programs that don't allow for this (SnapperMail, Audible Air, Blazer, etc..) get this error when the try to connect and then manage to connect 2 seconds later when you retry.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    If at first you don't succeed...skydiving is not for you.
    This has been a problem dating back to the 600. It generally happens when you can't connect to your provider. Sometimes it could be out for hours while they are "updating" (ha! ha!). Wait a while and it will work again.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmills
    This has been a problem dating back to the 600. It generally happens when you can't connect to your provider. Sometimes it could be out for hours while they are "updating" (ha! ha!). Wait a while and it will work again.

Right, but the question is WHY? Like I said, this is likely a timeout issue on the device itself. It's very hit or miss. Sometimes, the connection goes out without issue, most times though, you have to try again which usually succeeds. a 2 second delay makes a world of difference.

The problem could be on the provider side though. With data usage climbing so fast, their system may not be able to handle the hit rate within that first couple of seconds. Adding a short delay could make all the difference.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    If at first you don't succeed...skydiving is not for you.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scrote
    Error: 3000: Data service is unavailable in your area, please try again later.

I do a reconnect and it works fine.

Anyone else having this problem?
    Happens to me all the time...annoying.