Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    For what its worth, the Palm Ultralight is identical to the plantronics 645, and everyone seems to be having problems with it. Hopefully a new ROM update will fix so many of these issues....in the meantime, we make due with mediocrity when it comes to Blue Tooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by iamjocanadian
    JX-10 is working superbly well.
    I'm a happy owner of a Jabra JX10 that is working great on my 700P. And I do have a story:

So I pull out of my friends driveway one morning a couple of weekends ago in a pouring rainstorm only to find out my Jabra JX10 is missing from my backpack. It was nowhere to be found in my car and I thought I may have left it at home. So I pull out of the driveway, and as I look back I see it laying ON the driveway in a river of rain. It sat in rain the entire night and I thought it was DEAD.

Long story short... after a few hours letting it dry, I put it in the charger and the charging light tuns on- good sign. A couple hours after that I turn it on and it works without a hitch.

Thank goodness! It's defenitely worth the money I paid for it.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Same problem as others on the JX10. I go to make a call, it beeps, sounds like it is going to work, but the voice of the person I'm calling, is coming thru the phone, instead of the headset. I hang up, via BT, and it hangs up., seems like its just the voice component that is not being routed thru the headset. If i reset the treo 700p, viola, it works again. Treo? or JX10? I have about 10 more days to figure that out so I can send the JX10 back. I just hate doing that though.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Ok, just talked to Jabra support.
    They are deeming this problem "Audio Transfer" problem.
    1/3 of the headsets are fixed by doing a reset on both devices.
    1) Plug in headset to power for 5 seconds.
    2) Discontinue trust between treo & jx10 via the Treo.
    3) Power down JX10 and Treo
    4) Pull battery out of Treo for 5 seconds.
    5) Replace battery in Treo
    6) Turn on JX10
    7) Turn on Treo
    8) Pair them back up
    See if it works ok now.

Another 1/3 of them are fixed by replacing the JX10.

The other 1/3.... unknown, cant fix.

The engineering dept is working on it, but he seemed to indicate it would be some time before there was a fix available for possible download.

They recommend trying both of the 2 options above.
    So far, the first option has worked for me, but then again, a reset of the treo made it work temporarily, so obviously a reboot of the treo would make it work too. So we'll see how it goes the next few days.
    Last edited by jmeray; 06/29/2006 at 11:19 PM.
    jmeray is the jabra jx10 still working ok for you? i'm thinking of getting one, i didnt realize how small that thing is until i saw one in person.
    anyone else that owes one chime in, i'll probably pick one up tomorrow, maybe
    thanx in advance.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    ok i have had 4 treo 700p 2 jabra bt500 and still the same problem.
    yes i spoke to sprint yes i spoke to palm and still no luck i had to figure it out myself
    it seems that when i am connected to my bluetooth my sms messages tend to freeze.
    i just returned home from the sprint store getting my treo replaced as i was sitting waiting for a plam rep i paired my bluetooth and started sending my self text messages nothing happen. then i recieved a call and answered it using the bluetooth . once i got off the phone the very next text message to come through froze my treo
    the palm rep had me do it again and it happen again then i let it sit for a while sent another text and that one went through ,
    it happens right after an active call
    so it is my guess that either with jabar or the treo software there is a battery saving period and that is when you get text but if im on a active call and a texts come through it doesnt freeze my treo.
    its oly after the bluetooth disconnects from an active call does it do that .
    please jump in if anyone has had this happen to them or it they can test this for me .
    see my other threads for more detail
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    ljj.... yes, so far so good, but I've only had time to try it about 5 times. Need a few more days test. The jx10 is great, its just this issue that causes problems. I'll test some more this weekend.
    I have the JX-10 and will probably take it back. I have been told on about every other call that I sound like I am down in a well. The outgoing sound quality seems to be a big issue.

My other headset I am trying is a Platronics 645. I like it but it disconnects all the time and a lot of the time I can't get it to reconnect without a reset and re-pairing.

What a hassle.
    [QUOTE=sbdaigo]I have the new Palm UltraLight and so far, blahhhhh!

Also have the Palm Ultra Light. Love how it uses the Treo charger, but too many Cons (largely, the unpairing and the horrible static on the other end), so sending it back. Ordered a Jabra JX-10 and will give that a try. Not too worried about separate charger, because the Jabra has 2x the battery life of the Palm Ultra Light, so I won't need to travel with its charger anyway.

Additional negatives about the Palm:
    ---button doesn't "click" when pressed (more rubbery-feeling), so there is no satisfaction or actualy matter-of-fact knowledge that the headset actually processed the fact that you pressed the button. This causes me to repeatedly press it until I feel it click.
    ---sliding the headset into the charging tube causes scratches on the headset, because the inside of the charging tube is metal. Stupid design flaw.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Ok... tested some more... sorry, audio doesn't xfer to the headset still. So, this Jabra will be going back unfortunately. It sounds great, it works well, but if you can't get the voice to move from the treo to the jabra earpiece, without doing a reset on the treo, then what good is a BT headset. Since jabra calls this the 'audio xfer' problem, and they know that 1/3 of their headsets do not exhibit this problem, i have to believe its not a treo issue, its jabra. ugh... maybe I'll order another one, and see if it happens again. I really dont want to deal with BT shopping again, and be dissapointed with everything else available out there. ...sigh...

btw STE GOLD... if you travel with a laptop, the JX10 comes with a tiny little 6inch (or so) usb cable, you can charge your headset from. No need to carry the base or wall cable. Good luck on getting one that xfer's the audio consistantly without having to reset the treo.
    hey please read my post up top i was wondering if you could try to send your self a sms message with you bluetooth connected to see if it freezes your treo i was wanting to buy the jx10 and before i do i wanted to see if it has the same problem.
    ( you will have to send it from a computer or another phone to your treo)
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Well, you could buy a JX10, however, if the audio doesn't xfer to the jabra, then what good is it. Just remember, if you buy one, you are taking a 33% chance that it "will" work.... those aren't that great of odds even with another 33% possibility that a clean reset/repairing might fix the issue. I've gotta run but I'll try to recreate your scenario sometime today (dont hold me to that, its going to be a busy day).
    As I've told others, save yourself the frustration, and expirement with a few JX-10's at your local Best Buy, until you find one that works flawlessly. My second unit was a winner, and has worked perfectly with my 700p for weeks.

Gotta love that 30 day return policy.
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I've purchased a BestBuy JX10. Paired it up. Crossed my fingers.........Disappointed again. Failed to xfer the audio. What I've noticed, which I'm sure most other people have as well, is that if you turn off bluetooth on the phone, and turn it back on, the audio xfer problem exists. If you leave bluetooth on... I'm going to assume the problem never exists. In my mind, my personal logic states, that this sounds more like a treo problem, than a jx10, but i obviously can't be certain of that. Back to BestBuy i go.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    ComedyTreoGirl... no, the Treo does not hang when receiving an SMS while using my bluetooth. Message comes in, i see it, answer it, dismiss it, whatever, and continue with my conversation.
    I actually had the same problem you were having jmeray. I thought I was the only one. Luckily, it started happening right before the time period when I could take it back. I bought that one at Best Buy. Returned it and picked another one up at CompUSA. So far, so good on this one. I would say the first one worked fine for a couple of weeks before I started having problems with it.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    People having an issue with connection with the JX10, Leave the BT on and visible on all the time (on the 700p), if you don't want use BT turn it off at the Headset turn it on again at the HS when needed

Has worked very well for me, for approx a week with NO connection issues
    Quote Originally Posted by jmeray
    ComedyTreoGirl... no, the Treo does not hang when receiving an SMS while using my bluetooth. Message comes in, i see it, answer it, dismiss it, whatever, and continue with my conversation.
    thanks for the reply. I'm not saying while your on a call I'm saying right after you get off the call. are you using a jabra bt500?
    Bought the JX-10 last Friday (5/10), been using it ever since. I've tried the Plantronics 510S, Moto H3...both had problems (Moto H3 sounded like crap, 510S kept on losing connection to the phone - had to reconnect). The JX-10 was expensive, but it has great voice quality, doesn't lose connection, works fine. I followed others' advice (and the manual), and charged it completely before pairing, and have had no problems ever since. I have not tried to transfer a call from my 700 to the headset (haven't had to, since it picks up every time). Too bad the 510S didn't work properly - worked great on my 650, and has the added advantage that I use it in my office with my office phone <sigh>.

Oh, and btw, I pulled out some old Jabra eargels from some wired headsets I had, cut down the base slightly, and tried one of them on the JX-10. It works great! Don't need the earhook, and it improves the sound volume tremendously. As a result, this is the first time I've been able to turn DOWN the volume on a headset and/or the phone, and still be able to hear in a relatively noisy environment.
    Last edited by bcrair; 07/09/2006 at 06:29 PM.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    SJJONES... thanks for the tip. I am sure that would work, however, i was trying to elongate my battery time by turning off BT when I'm definitely somewhere that (or in a situation where) I'm not in need of BT use. Not sure how much savings that is, but it appears to save some battery life. I've had the unit on 2 days, only down to 72% battery, with bluetooth off 80% of the time.
    I picked up another JX10 from BestBuy today, going to try it, hoping that 3rd times a charm. If not, maybe I'll try Compusa like SPARKOMATIC did, and if that doesn't work... i'll simply have to leave BT on, and be done with it.

ComedyTreoGirl....oops let me try it now..... ok, tried it. Worked fine, sent SMS to my Treo right after hanging up (within 10 sec) with a BT call. No issues. message came in, no lockups.

FYI ALL... I still feel like this is a TREO issue since it is so easily resolved with a softreset and the reason why this issue happens is when u turn off BT on the phone and turn it back on. hmmmmm *sigh*.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast