Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I found a version of Webpro 3.5 that works fine. Its Just as fast as the new Blazer. I know its an older browser, but it was one of the best. It will work where even the new Blazer won't in terms of images...

I found that there is a "proxyless" mode that way you have a true browser without the intermediate carrier's proxyies.
    It has a cool "mini mode" that makes a bit easier to view the entire page.
    The only draw back is that it doesnt have full 5-way support. I used to solve this issue on my old Treo 600 with an app call VolumeRocker, but unfortunatly it wont work with the 700p.
    Where did you find it?
    why would you want to run an older version? Blazer on the 700p has been updated very well.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I've had this version for a while now.... I need to check with the Mods of this forum to see if i can post it because of the legal issues..... I mean it is a official Palm app but I think it was designed for the Tungsten T
    If you go to preferences and and then exit Webpro, does it reboot the 700p?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Not at all no resets yet... been playing with it all night I just miss the 5way nav have to use stylus more
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    why would you want to run an older version? Blazer on the 700p has been updated very well.
    The only reason I tried using this browser is because I found limitations on the new Blazer. Don't get me wrong, the new Blazer is awesome but when I went on webpages with alot of pictures/images blazer will not display them all,
    and Webpro will; I definatly will use both
    cool, can you pm it to me?
    Jimmie Geddes
    You are able to use both webpro and web?
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Yes they are independant
    Do you see any advantages using 3.5 vs. 3.0?
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    Do you see any advantages using 3.5 vs. 3.0?
    Alot, Here I found these details on the net Webpro 3.5
    Extensive support for web standards
    Compliant with Internet standards – HTML 4.01, xHTML 1.0, cHTML, WML with default proxy, SSL 3.0, HTTP 1.1, JavaScript 1.5, CSS 1.0, GIF, animated GIF, JPEG, PNG, and Cookies.

Dual-mode functionality
    Switch between proxy and proxy-less modes. Proxy mode compresses Internet content, so you get it faster and cheaper. Proxy-less mode allows you secure access to your corporate Intranet web pages (VPN required, not included).

Multiple viewing options
    Normal view provides the familiar interface of a desktop web browser. Handheld view minimizes horizontal scrolling and makes content fit the small screen. Mini view fits the content in the screen width while maintaining the aspect ratio of the page, and allows you to quickly navigate to any specific area of the page. Full screen view eliminates navigation and status bars for maximum viewing.

NEW! Upload files to the Internet
    It's all about sharing. Shoot a picture or a video using your Zire 72 handheld, and use Web Pro to upload those files anywhere on the web—to your Yahoo! Photos site, for instance. You can also upload other files from your device or your SD card to the web. (Data connection required.)

http://www.palm.com/us/software/webpro35/
    I am having tons of issues with Blazer. It is maddeningly slow to switch to anything from there and I've had pages that it just refuses to load that gave my 650 no trouble at all. It tells me that the page cannot be displayed about 75% of the time even though if I keep hitting refresh it will display just fine eventually.

The other issue I have with it is the forced proxy. I have intranet sites I would like to use for work and even though I can use MergicVPN to connect to the network and see files (or could on the 650, haven't tried it on the 700 yet) I couldn't get Blazer to the sites I wanted because of the proxy it used.

If you can, let us know where you found WebPro, I would really really like to try it...
    I just put v3.5 of Webpro on my 700p and it does load up and browse websites. As mentioned, the 5-way does not work correctly, but its nice to have a backup in case blazer does not work correctly.

I modified the cache in my preferences and it caused a reboot when I exited WebPro. When looking at prefs again, it did not save my settings. If I don't touch the prefs, it does not reboot on exit. It looks like its still an issue like it was on the 650.

I tried the mobile speed test @ dslreports.com/mspeed. It would not run anything 200k or lower stating, "Unstable/too fast a result (.32s) please choose a larger file"

600k and 1mb stated "Unable to process this pagte. Page size is too large"
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I'd like it also.
    Somebody put a link to it over at MT

http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php?topic=8117.new#new
    Last edited by stroths; 06/08/2006 at 05:42 PM.
    jwflutterby, try disabling javascript and/or cascading style sheets. This may solve some of your web page problems and give you more speed.
    Not sure if this is important but I had to reboot after I installed (overwrote) Webpro. Works great so far. I do get the occassional lag going to phone or home. What I do like with 3.5 is that it no longer resets when I clear cache. Probably due to more memory on the 700p.
    Hmmm...the only reason I still use webpro on my 650 is to circumvent the 2MB download limit. Personally I don't see the point on the 700p since that limit no longer exists... But I guess it's nice to have options out there...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Post it man.. there are already numerous threads and links on the webpro, versions which work and don't.
    Dark Lord of the Sith...
    Fear is My Ally...

http://www.ppcsg.com
    http://www.spug.net
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast