1.    #1  
    PalmPDF worked with my Treo 650, despite some minor glitches. However, PalmPDF doesn't seem to work at all with my 700p. The PDF file simply doesn't show up at all. Any ideas from anyone?

Thanks, Casey
    I thought the Docs to go on the 700p was supposed to support pdfs natively, hmmm im about to go check will be right back
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203
    I thought the Docs to go on the 700p was supposed to support pdfs natively, hmmm im about to go check will be right back
    It does. There's no need for PalmPDF on the 700p.
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    yup just checked it ,its native, no need for palmpdf
  5.    #5  
    Oh yes!! You guys are so right! Hot d@mn, DocsToGo now has native PDF conversion! I tried one example, and it worked perfectly! It's about time!

Man, it's hard to keep up with all these changes on the 700p! Now I can delete PalmPDF which takes up almost 2MB of space!

Thanks guys!
    Casey
    However, you can't do a search with the PDF app in Docs To Go, and I have a PDF file that is a member directory, and the only easy way to use it is to search.

Is there a way to search a PDF in DocsToGo that I'm overlooking?
    I actually prefer the PalmPDF implementation greatly over the one from DocsToGo. It really doesn't take up much space when the engine is on the card either....
    The problem with palm pdf is that you have to convert it on a pc before you can view it on your device. This can be a problem if for example some body sends you a pdf attachment and you want to open it straight from your treo. I dont use pdf's so ive never really needed to just view a single pdf so palm pdf was always useless to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by hatch151990
    The problem with palm pdf is that you have to convert it on a pc before you can view it on your device.
    Actually, that's not right. Part of the beauty of palmPDF was that you didn't have to convert anything. It opens right up, including email attachments.
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    wait are we talking about the same program? i was refering to the pdf reader available straight from adobe. That was the only palm pdf viewer i was aware off (besides the one included in docs to go)
    Reader blows. Docs2Go is marginal. PalmPDF is first class freeware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meistro
    hmm, i guess i'll check that out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meistro

I add to that by saying that Piscel Proviewer is probably the best native pdf reader out ther for Palmos followed by PalmPDF then DTG etc...

Proviewer is the fastest and slickest while palmPDF is free. DTG implementation of PDF support is weak imo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions