1.    #1  
    Has anyone actually purchased a 700P from a Verizon Store? I want to switch from Sprint to Verizon and am not having any luck with the store. The techs in the store are clueless. They tell me that they do not know when the 700 p will be released in the store. They also tell me they only find out 2 days prior to its release. I think i have a poor Verizon store in my area, Central PA.

curious rpag
    Yes. I bought one in Santa Cruz, CA. on Monday. Just walked in. No problem. I had an existing account and just did an early renewal.
    I bought my first on on June 2nd had issues with the roaming and returned it. now on my second one trouble free. As far as your store. From my experiance in South Dakota every store I have been to is on the blue bus. It works much better to call Verizon get the info and then go buy the 700p without questions. I also suggest calling with issues that arise first then take your phone in as the tech support usually is sub par as well. I have found the tech support when I call in is so much better. Sorry to say this but it is the way I have come to do business with Verizon. So far so good. Good Luck
    700pInIt
    Palm Pro > Plam VII > m130 > T3 > T5 > LifeDrive > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > 700w
    Holly crap who knew these Treo thingys were so cool!
    Bought 3 yesterday in a VZW store in Massachusetts. They did not have the 700p on display (although the "Q" was on display, and it is a more recent release).

He told us they had a total of 5 in stock, which they received on Monday, June 5th.
    I got mine last Friday. Most of the stores seem to have them in, but don't have them on display. They have the 700w only on display.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  6.    #6  
    thanks for all the info. I guess my verizon store just palin old stinks!
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Don't give up without looking. I went into a Verizon store in NC. Asked the sales guy for the 700p, was told "It hasn't been released'. Walked out into the mall, stopped.

**"Did I just believe a Verizon salesman?!?"**

Went back in, to the display in back. There's the 700p. Got a different salesguy and bought the phone.
    Bought mine two weeks ago Downtown San Francisco (Returned it, because Sprint service is better)
    Cingular 650/Sprint 650/Sprint 700p (All within one year.)
    Pretty much my experience. I called and the store said they had them. The salesman said they didn't have them and it would be 2 weeks. I told him that they did and made him go look in the back. He eventually came back with a box.

Quote Originally Posted by bitmage
    Don't give up without looking. I went into a Verizon store in NC. Asked the sales guy for the 700p, was told "It hasn't been released'. Walked out into the mall, stopped.

**"Did I just believe a Verizon salesman?!?"**

Went back in, to the display in back. There's the 700p. Got a different salesguy and bought the phone.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Went to the Verizon store and was told they did not have them yet. Had them order me one and shipped it to my home overnight. I love it so far.