Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by noahas
    I had the reset loop too. Had to hard reset to get out. Also had the problem when an earlier version (5.38) was enabled, my screen would become uncalibrated after a soft reset, after disabling VC and soft resetting, calibration is fine. I tried this and came up with the same result about 4 times.
    Does your Treo have an HSSN number in its firmware? Please check in the VolumeCare menu window called "DISPLAY ID INFORMATION".

    This is growing defect in the Treo 700p's! The HSSN is a very important component of the Treo and many TReo 700P's have left the factory without this number and it is causing many problems crashes! This is a pretty serious problem and Palm is replacing all phones that do not have the HSSN pre-programmed.

    Jeff
  2. Noahas's Avatar
    Posts
    286 Posts
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Does your Treo have an HSSN number in its firmware? Please check in the VolumeCare menu window called "DISPLAY ID INFORMATION".

    This is growing defect in the Treo 700p's! The HSSN is a very important component of the Treo and many TReo 700P's have left the factory without this number and it is causing many problems crashes! This is a pretty serious problem and Palm is replacing all phones that do not have the HSSN pre-programmed.

    Jeff
    Yes, I have the HSSN code listed
  3. #23  
    I have posted version 5.46 that should solve this problem. Can anyone verify?

    Jeff
  4. #24  
    Jeff has noted that missing HSSNs are a problem. I checked my version of Volume Care and the settings. No HSSN number. But what is an HSSN (googling produces "high speed switching network") and why do we need it? and what the impacts of not having one?

    I have not had any major issues with my new 700p except for the usual phone lag and delay.

    Will Sprint know what i'm talking about with a missng HSSN? Any insights?

    Thanks,
    Albert
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by aykim
    Jeff has noted that missing HSSNs are a problem. I checked my version of Volume Care and the settings. No HSSN number. But what is an HSSN (googling produces "high speed switching network") and why do we need it? and what the impacts of not having one?

    I have not had any major issues with my new 700p except for the usual phone lag and delay.

    Will Sprint know what i'm talking about with a missng HSSN? Any insights?

    Thanks,
    Albert
    HSSN stands for:

    HandSpring Serial Number (Handspring is the original vendor of the Treo)

    This is the serial number for your Treo and it should be listed under the battery and it is supposed to be burned into the firmware on every Treo device. Many Treo 700P's are leaving the factory with this serial number missing from the firmware!

    Jeff
  6. #26  
    I noticed that when my wife talks to me on her 700p in speakerphone mode, the audio quality is poor due to picking up so much background noise. Will VolumeCare help at all on her 700p?
  7. #27  
    thanks Jeff. So, what's your counsel on missing HSSN? Everything that I have (run through LauncherX) seems to be working fine. Is this something that should be taken care of? Is it easily taken care of?
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I have posted version 5.46 that should solve this problem. Can anyone verify?

    Jeff

    I just now downloaded version 5.46 on my 700p, and everything works fine. The previous older versions were working fine too. No problems here!
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD
    I noticed that when my wife talks to me on her 700p in speakerphone mode, the audio quality is poor due to picking up so much background noise. Will VolumeCare help at all on her 700p?
    It will allow her to reduce the MIC sensitivity so background noise can be minimized. This can be done globally in the VolumeCare Phone Mode configuration screen or dynamically during a call with the key sequence Option 5-way UP/DOWN. Meaning press and hold the OPTION key and then press either the 5-way navigation UP or DOWN button to increase or decrease the MIC's sensitivity.

    Hope this help....

    Jeff
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    It will allow her to reduce the MIC sensitivity so background noise can be minimized. This can be done globally in the VolumeCare Phone Mode configuration screen or dynamically during a call with the key sequence Option 5-way UP/DOWN. Meaning press and hold the OPTION key and then press either the 5-way navigation UP or DOWN button to increase or decrease the MIC's sensitivity.

    Hope this help....

    Jeff
    Thanks, just what I needed...[pulling out my creditcard]
  11. #31  
    Jeff,

    The only problem I have is when the other person says they hear an echo on their side, which happens every so often. I don't hear the echo myself, only the other person. I'm not sure if this is a VolumeCare issue, or that my settings are wrong. Will lowering the Mic volume help? Thanks! Casey
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Jeff,

    The only problem I have is when the other person says they hear an echo on their side, which happens every so often. I don't hear the echo myself, only the other person. I'm not sure if this is a VolumeCare issue, or that my settings are wrong. Will lowering the Mic volume help? Thanks! Casey
    Yes echo's area caused by feedback from the loudness combination of the MIC volume and the speaker volume. If you are hearing ECHO's then first start by reducing the MIC sensitivity. This should stop the echo.

    Jeff
  13. #33  
    Hey, Jeff. I had to get a new registration key when I downloaded the new version of Volume onto my 700p. Sent in the info. Will the new reg key come to my phone?
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfellowjl
    Hey, Jeff. I had to get a new registration key when I downloaded the new version of Volume onto my 700p. Sent in the info. Will the new reg key come to my phone?
    If you used the SMS Registration menu item in VolumeCare, my support staff will process the request and remotely install the license key into your phone. You will get a text message when the installation is complete.

    If you sent in the DISPLAY ID INFORMATION screen data to the support @ GoTreoSoftware.com address, then a license key will be emailed directly to you.

    Jeff
  15. #35  
    Works great. Thanks, Jeff. Definite plus to the volume on the 700p.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions