Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_T
    I used ZLauncher's file manager program and sorted alphabetically by "creator." It was then easy to see the OnDemand content and application(s).
    You might still want to try sorting by name to see if you missed any (e.g., my On Demand Astrology data had a different creator ID than the rest).

After unloading On Demand, I not only freed up over 5 MB of memory, but my 700p actually feels lighter.
    Motorola Startac → Samsung SCH-8500 → SonyEricsson T608 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p
    thx 4Spammer on this "offline" and delete On Demand to free up spaces tip As you know from http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=118616 I am going offline on my 700. it's very painful to go offline but I figure I can free up some space while I am at it. if it can make 700 any lighter LOL

cheers!
    Last edited by justdoit2; 06/29/2006 at 02:10 PM.
    Even if you don't have ZLauncher...It is easy to see these attatchments...they all have a prefix with OD. I deleted the attatchments manually. The attatchments take up most the space. I used UninstallManager to dump the initial program. It came back once after hotsync, but not anymore since then. It is such a waste of space beyond money.
    at&t iPhone3G
    To be exact news, sports, weather, money, movie reviews and show times will be free.
    I followed the instruction and uninstall the OD. I notice my laptop where I sync /Palm/<palm name>/Backup/ have 9 more files total 1.02MB

OD_*.PRC and OD-Extras_stories.PDB and ON_Demand*.PDB
    it's sure is painful to track down all the files to clean house.

thx

Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    Even if you don't have ZLauncher...It is easy to see these attatchments...they all have a prefix with OD. I deleted the attatchments manually. The attatchments take up most the space. I used UninstallManager to dump the initial program. It came back once after hotsync, but not anymore since then. It is such a waste of space beyond money.
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit2
    I followed the instruction and uninstall the OD. I notice my laptop where I sync /Palm/<palm name>/Backup/ have 9 more files total 1.02MB

OD_*.PRC and OD-Extras_stories.PDB and ON_Demand*.PDB
    it's sure is painful to track down all the files to clean house.

thx
    Does it keep coming back during intitial sync to your notebook? Mine doesn't anymore.
    at&t iPhone3G
    no it does not come back I just test it, I figure I don't need it in the backup folder. wow, almost 5MB good for a few more applications to play with

Does it keep coming back during intitial sync to your notebook? Mine doesn't anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit2
    no it does not come back I just test it, I figure I don't need it in the backup folder. wow, almost 5MB good for a few more applications to play with
    Free space for applications worth while...
    at&t iPhone3G
    Just FYi-- I noticed today when I tried to use TV Guide a note that my trial had expired and that I could subscribe to ALL priemum features (Dictionary, TV Guide, Directory, Maps) for $4.99/month. This is a much better deal than handmark express ($6..99/month without TV Guide).

Looks like they got the message and repackaged the plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4spammers
    • Directories (411) $2.99/month
    • Dictionary $1.99/month
    • TV Guide $2.99/month
    • Maps & Directions $2.99/month

Ouch! I don't think so! Especially when On Demand can suck up over 1.5 MB of memory.

How to delete On Demand (and free up over 5 MB of memory ): use ZLauncher or similar 3rd party app launcher and/or FileZ or similar to delete the following files (I had to remove 20 separate files!): everything starting with "OD" (OD*) and everything starting with "On Demand" (On Demand*) -- note: weather, news, and sports should remain free...so you might want to keep it for those...your call. Personally, I've got better uses for that 5+ MB.

So, let's compile a list of freeware and shareware (reasonable price without a monthly subscription) utilities to replace the On Demand greedware -- i.e., if you dont feel like shelling out $12/month for these features, here are some alternatives. I'm not looking for a laundry list of everyone's favorite apps, just the best of the breed alternatives to On Demand.

Official Off Demand List

If you've got a favorite freeware or shareware app that fits one of these categories, please post to this thread and include: name, category, price, where to get it, and status for 700p.
    How about this list?

On Demand List:
    1. WORK FOR RADIOSHACK.
    2. GET $50 A MONTH CREDIT FOR DOWNLOADS!
    3. USE ON DEMAND!!!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    remind me of visa priceless commercial

Free space for applications worth while...
  12. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by quagsire
    Just FYi-- I noticed today when I tried to use TV Guide a note that my trial had expired and that I could subscribe to ALL priemum features (Dictionary, TV Guide, Directory, Maps) for $4.99/month. This is a much better deal than handmark express ($6..99/month without TV Guide).

Looks like they got the message and repackaged the plan.
    I could see maybe like $40 for a year subscription, but $4.99 a month is like chinese water torture.
    instead of On Demand, I installed good O'l AvantGo...which takes up almost 5 MB
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    the new agendus (v11) will offer 411 services
    That's nice!
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I get everything I want with Avantgo (weather, news, technews via Cnet) etc. Then I use Dirassist for directory. I don't need maps..got built in GPS in the car.

Also, the free mytreo program has a nice working news tab as well that I didn't notice at first.
    Mark F Chinsky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12