1.    #1  
    Anyone heard if the new Pioneer AVIC-Z1 in dash Navigation system works with the Treo? This is the ultimate do everything system. I'm surprised I haven't found anyone here talking about it.

Here is a link to the company's site.

Pioneer AVIC-Z1
    Last edited by skydivewags; 06/10/2006 at 12:20 AM.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
  2.    #2  
    Oh, come on. All these high tech. people on this forum, and nobody is using the most advanced system available?
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    Ok, let me be the first to report. I got my Z1 yesteday, the 700p pairs, but like my Parrot kit, when some one calls me, the name displayed (on either unit) it not the caller that it calling. Very strage and drives me nutz! Anyone else used either of these, the Parrot or the Pioneer AVIC-Z1? oh, very usefull forum for any Pioneer Navi's:
    http://www.avic411.com/
    --
    Brett
    I300->I500-->650-->700p
  4.    #4  
    Brett, it seems that they didn't improve the Bluetooth abilities on the 700P at all. I can't believe how crappy the Treo's are when it comes to Bluetooth.

I have also been considering a Toyota with the Bluetooth GPS system, and it sounds like the Treo doesn't like that system either.

It just amazes me how they bill Bluetooth as such a simple system, and it's far from it.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ 2nd Nature
    Ok, let me be the first to report. I got my Z1 yesteday, the 700p pairs, but like my Parrot kit, when some one calls me, the name displayed (on either unit) it not the caller that it calling. Very strage and drives me nutz! Anyone else used either of these, the Parrot or the Pioneer AVIC-Z1? oh, very usefull forum for any Pioneer Navi's:
    http://www.avic411.com/
    Brett,

Does the Z1 have voice dialing built in like the Parrot kit?

Thanks.

Jeff
    DJ 2nd Nature? Anyone? Bueller?
    What about SAG output with either of these units? Anyone tried that?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Opps, sorry for the delay. Yes it does have voice dialing, works well. Not familiar with SAG.
    --
    Brett
    I300->I500-->650-->700p
    Does it allow you to create your own voice tags or is it basically voice recognition of the names?

Thanks.