1.    #1  
    Hi all,
    Does anyone know of an app that will allow me to type in an address and find the nearest Starbucks?

I thought Directory Assistant would do the trick, but it doesn't allow you to type in a specific address of where you are.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Just walk around the corner.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Lol
    I love gadgets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyedeas
    DA is Directory Assistant. OP stated that Directory Assistant does work for the function needed in the original post.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    send a txt to 46645(googl) with
    starbucks,zipcode(or city)

and wait for the answer to come back
    What the OP wants is an app where he can type in his current address and it tells him where the nearest starbucks is.

For example, OP could type in "123 Main St, Anywhere TX" and it gives the closest location that that street address.
    Earthcomber does this. In fact sometimes I wonder if it has a contract with Starbucks? When you select that you are looking for coffee the starbucks come up all over the map.

I wish there was a way to filter out the starbucks on earthcomber and just look for local independent coffee roasting places which usually have better, more freshly roasted coffee.
    How about this

http://mobile.google.com/local

It asks "What" and "Where".

For What, put in Starbucks

For Where, put in your address
    A real good way is to use the google local services for pda: http://www.google.com/xhtml?site=local

type in starbucks in the 'what' field and in the where, you can put in a zip code or an intersection, such as "28th St. & 2nd ave, New York, NY". Works very well!
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    g-funkster, the local google woks great.

In fact, I found you can use this as a STARBUCKS AVOIDER program.

Instead of typing in starbucks, type in roasting and zip code and you will find all the local coffee roasting places (and none of the Starbucks!)
    LOL hee hee stroths and g-funkster are the same answer. of course http://mobile.google.com/local is shorter to type. thx for the tip. do you think if Kmap would help? I don't have kmap install just wondering...
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit2
    LOL hee hee stroths and g-funkster are the same answer. of course http://mobile.google.com/local is shorter to type. thx for the tip. do you think if Kmap would help? I don't have kmap install just wondering...
    Yep. KMaps works great for this very sort of "find". Type in the "where" then "what", hit "go" and it returns a list matching the criteria. Select the one you want and get a map.
    Who needs Starbucks when you can roast your own at home?!?! Much better coffee at a nicer price.
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
    Just last night I gave up on such an application and copied and pasted the location list from the Starbucks site into a memo on my 650. I find using Blazer to be too slow and it's easier to just scroll through the list of 120 outlets nearest my office. Of course, this list only works if I don't leave Las Vegas. I guess elsewhere I'll try Google Local.
    There is a shopping center/mall here in Honolulu with five Starbucks and a sixth in the near future. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    There is a shopping center/mall here in Honolulu with five Starbucks and a sixth in the near future. Ben
    Its been just about 1yr since I was last home in Honolulu, dont recall a shopping center having so many Starbucks. Which one is it Ben?
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Ala Moana Shopping Center. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    Ala Moana Shopping Center. Ben
    I know of the Starbucks downstairs from Sears, near the post office. Damn, now 4 more plus 1 on the way. Its like ABC Stores on every corner in Waikiki.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI