Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I apologize in advance for my ignorance, but I am a recent convert (1 day) from the blackberry world. I am wondering what users think is the better of the email apps. I am used to bb emails coming in as they are received on my desktop, without having to manually send/receive from the handheld. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Welcome, I am new as well but have been using Chatteremail for about a week and a half and it is really nice, much better than the default, I have not yet used Agendus.
    You may also want to try the Palm Communication forum board. That board has specific posts about email clients that you may find useful. Best wishes and welcome!
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Chatteremail if you need instant email, or versamail and set it up for syncing down to every 5 minutes.
    Chattermail is the best IMHO. It is especially great with the new exchange plugin if you use Outllok/Exchange for instant push sync of your email. It is also a much thinner client than solutions such as Goodlink and allows you to save your mail on an SD card to save previous RAM. It also leaves the native palm databases alone and also handles inbound and outbound attachments very well. Overall, I don't think there is a better solution and I think I've tried them all!!!
  6.    #6  
    Thanks so much for your responses. I am finding lots of great info on these forums, and appreciate everyone's patience with the "new guy".
    You mentioned Agendus and Chatter. No mention of Versamail, Snapper, Good....

There are many options. I use Chatter as it does give the option for Push email where the others did not. If you do not need that BB style push email others are also an option.
    I have tried chatter and snapper and stuck with the latter
    Treoing & Loving it
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by wareynolds
    You mentioned Agendus and Chatter. No mention of Versamail, Snapper, Good....

There are many options. I use Chatter as it does give the option for Push email where the others did not. If you do not need that BB style push email others are also an option.
    So in your opinion, Chatter would be most similar to what I have been experiencing with the bb. Thanks again for your input.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by poncharello
    So in your opinion, Chatter would be most similar to what I have been experiencing with the bb. Thanks again for your input.
    ponch, Chatter will give you fairly instant push email, as long as your email server supports IMAP clients. IMAP is supported by most email servers.

We're running Chatter on all of our Treos against our own IMAP server, most of the time the Treos get email before the desktop client does. Our users can open most common attachments - DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF and JPG - on their Treos.

What I've found problematic is overly nested folder structures or several hundreds of messages in the user inboxes. Chatter will have trouble managing them. So I've encouraged our users to manage their inboxes rather than use them as dumping grounds. I also put an SD card in every Treo and configure Chatter to use the card.

I use Agendus personally, but haven't used it's email feature. It will open Chatter if you pick a contact within Agendus. Back in September, before I moved our mobile users to Treos (previous Blackberry or Java phone users), I tested VersaMail, Snapper and Chatter and found that Chatter worked the best. Marc, the developer, is highly responsive to user problems, and even worked to help me out with bugs before I'd even bought the software.

hope this helps,
    john
  11.    #11  
    John: Thanks so much for the info. I am using the trial right now and am really liking it. I do have one question about sending email. When I try to create an email, I get a message that says not smtp server setup. I just do not know how to get to the screen to enter that info. Any thoughts.
    The SMTP is used to set up the server required to send your email. The screen to go for that setup is Account Definition - SMTP - the last box. Ben
  13.    #13  
    Can you tell me how to get to Account Definition. I am in the app, and don't see that option. I am running the trial right now. I can't imagine that would make a difference. Thanks for the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by poncharello
    On a user basis, consider me another Chattermail convert. I used Snapper for awhile, found it reliable, but development takes place at a very slow pace. Chatter is constantly updated and user requests seem to drive the train.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    ponch,

Make sure you're not in Summary view. Then press the Menu button, select Box, then Edit Mailbox, then SMTP.
    First, select the email account. Next press the "Options" button, then select/tap or whatever the Edit Mailbox option, then Select SMTP and go from there. Ben
  17.    #17  
    Guys: I apologize for being ignorant here, but I just do not see those options. I have my email inbox up and it is showing incoming emails just fine. Should I be seeing the menu button or options button from this screen.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    ponch, the menu button is on the lower-right of your keyboard, next to the Alt button
  19.    #19  
    i am embarassed to tell you that I had no idea. Only the second day with the device, but I am learning a lot. Thanks to you guys, the problem is solved. I can't thank you enough.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Does anybody here use Agendus?
    With positive results?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast