1.    #1  
    Anyone else finding that audible air zips through the first 5 megs of a file and then starts to crawl along for the rest?

I haven't been able to download a 30+ meg file.
    Hmm, I usually just download an hour or two so I've only attempted 6-10 MB.
    I'll give it a try. 7:52 pm ... downloading a 27.6 MB portion of a book.

I'll update this & let you know how it went later. It estimates about 16 minutes. We'll see ...

[EDIT]
    Finished 8:09pm.

A bit slow but it worked. I did notice that the speed varied *a lot* during the download - at one point the led went orange, does that mean I was off EVDO and back on 1x?

Anyway that's what I see tonight (verizon, bad reception, 1-2 bars).
    Last edited by delrey; 06/07/2006 at 10:11 PM.
    My problem is not so much speed, but the fact that I can't rely on any form of auto-updating. 98% of the time I get "error 3000" saying that data servie is not available when I try to connect. It's magically available 2 seconds later though when I try to reconnect. It's like the damned thing needs to be primed before connecting to the net.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    If at first you don't succeed...skydiving is not for you.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    My speed is great on the 700p. But I find that at times Audible Air goes into a reset loop when I try to download a subscription.

Any one else have this problem?

I contacted Audible and they said they are working on an update for 700p but that it would take some time.

JC
    I just downloaded a 58.3 MB file in nine minutes. I was getting speeds generally around 100-150 KB/s. Even though this is a little slow compared to the max for EV-DO Audible Air is a lifesaver if you are travelling and don't have the Audible Manager desktop available.
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
    On a somewhat similar topic...Does anyone know of or use a plam app to download podcasts directly using evdo ? If so what App ? Do you like it ?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jccomo
    My speed is great on the 700p. But I find that at times Audible Air goes into a reset loop when I try to download a subscription.

Any one else have this problem?

I contacted Audible and they said they are working on an update for 700p but that it would take some time.

JC
    I'm glad someone else is having this problem and that Audible is working on it. I really miss getting the Wall Street Journal delivered to my phone every morning. Now every time I click the "subscriptions" tab in Audible Air, my phone resets.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by vflopez
    I just downloaded a 58.3 MB file in nine minutes. I was getting speeds generally around 100-150 KB/s. Even though this is a little slow compared to the max for EV-DO Audible Air is a lifesaver if you are travelling and don't have the Audible Manager desktop available.
    wow. I don't get anything near that speed and I'm on Verizon too. Wow. I wonder what my system is doing wrong.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTreo
    I'm glad someone else is having this problem and that Audible is working on it. I really miss getting the Wall Street Journal delivered to my phone every morning. Now every time I click the "subscriptions" tab in Audible Air, my phone resets.
    Andrew,

I have found if you uninstall Audible Air and reinstall it it will work for a few days before it goes into the reset loop.

JC.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jccomo
    Andrew,

I have found if you uninstall Audible Air and reinstall it it will work for a few days before it goes into the reset loop.

JC.
    That worked for me for a while, but doesn't seem to any more. Maybe I'll try it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by ComicMasta
    On a somewhat similar topic...Does anyone know of or use a plam app to download podcasts directly using evdo ? If so what App ? Do you like it ?
    Quick news works great for this
    Palm Pro > Plam VII > m130 > T3 > T5 > LifeDrive > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > 700w
    Holly crap who knew these Treo thingys were so cool!