1.    #1  
    FYI: ePocrates qID, the infectious disease medical application for the Palm OS, was released today. It requires ePocrates qRx to run but both are free.

http://www.epocrates.com/products/qID/

-Regards
    <i> If it's worth doing, it's got to be done right now.</i>
    Has anyone found they can abandon their Sanford Pocket Guide now that this is out? I for one have emptied my pockets significantly since I got my Visor.

Dale Yama****a
    Originally posted by samily
    Has anyone found they can abandon their Sanford Pocket Guide now that this is out? I for one have emptied my pockets significantly since I got my Visor.

Dale Yama****a
    Yes I agree. Since I have brought my visor, my pockets had decreased in weight and bulk significantly. However, I still have my Sanford. One of the difficulties in using the visor as a reference source is the lack of tables and charts. The Sanford had some very informative tables and charts that the qID cannot replace.
    Fat's
  4.    #4  
    I used to rip lab coat pockets every few months due to pocket manuals, notepads, etc. catching on chair armrests. Since the Visor purchase, this hasn't been a problem since I am significantly less weighed down.

I do agree about Sanford's though...this is still worthwhile to tote around. Though I have found much of what I need in a pinch elsewhere on the Visor. I would recommend PDA Med Solution's Infectious Diseases Notes (see below) for those that already use a doc reader (e.g. Isilo, etc.) and are dedicated to abandoning Sanford's.

http://www.pdamedsolutions.com/products/Default.htm
    <i> If it's worth doing, it's got to be done right now.</i>
    I agree the PDA Med Solution's Infectious Diseases Notes is a great resource . I highly recommend it. It's small, only about 500kb, but packed with info. Easy navigation. If there is one reference that could replace the Sanford, this will be it.
    Fat's
    The problem with the Sanford book (or maybe the problem is with my 43 y/o eyes) is that it is too $%^&$## hard to read because they use such fine print. I can read epocrates qid. Kinda poor form when you strain to read it infront of a pt.

Dale Yama****a
    Off topic, but I wondered what those **** in my name was. Seems that there is a "bad language" sensor in the discussion forum. For those who know Japanese names, you know what I mean.

Dale Yama****a
    Originally posted by samily
    Off topic, but I wondered what those **** in my name was. Seems that there is a "bad language" sensor in the discussion forum. For those who know Japanese names, you know what I mean.

Dale Yama****a
    So I'm sitting here for like 10 minutes trying to come up with a bad word to Yama_ _ _ _ a. No wonder I'm always terrible in "Wheel of Fortune".
    Fat's
    Try a synonym for stool!