Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Did anyone get the OnDemand Routing and Directions channel to work?

In particular, are you able to get a rout to and from places? Whenever I put in my 2 addresses and click route I only get -117.mi; 40:00 and nothing else.

When I called Sprint to tell them about this, they had the same issue on their test phone.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    I thought it was just me -- I too was unable to get directions to work. It shows as "-77 miles, 33 min" or some other nonesense. The start and end maps seem okay, but the directions are FUBAR!
    same problem here, it's been that way since I got the phone
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Well at least i know my phone doesn't have to go back.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    on demand has some serious bug's. Try hitting the web button in on demand, on my phone it just crashs and i would like to know if it's just me.
    You all may want to consider doing yourself a favor and going to the Handmark website. Download the trial of Express (which is an improved version of On Demand). After the trial, it's $6.95 per month. I use Express every morning to read the news, check the weather, and yes, often times I use it for mapping to-and-from directions. It's worked flawlessly for me for over a year. I deleted On Demand from my 700 as soon as I saw how buggy it was. Also, I remember reading the fine print somewhere that most of the nicer features of On Demand were only good for 30 days after activation, then you have to pay for them. Anyway, On Demand is apparently a buggy marketing ploy by Sprint. Get the real thing, Express.
    Same Issue. Did Sprint say they were going to look into it?
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    The tech said he would put in a trouble ticket. However, unless more people called it in I doubt it would get much priority.

BTW: Perry did you get your 700?
    At first I thought it was a bug, but after seeing that there's a "Purchase" button there, I'm assuming you have to pay to get the directions?
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    At first I thought it was a bug, but after seeing that there's a "Purchase" button there, I'm assuming you have to pay to get the directions?
    The first 2 weeks are free. Some other people were saying it maybe included with some of the high tier vision plan, but I haven't been able to confirm that.

I just need this app until Rick finishes fixing DA
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmy Llama
    You all may want to consider doing yourself a favor and going to the Handmark website. Download the trial of Express (which is an improved version of On Demand). After the trial, it's $6.95 per month. I use Express every morning to read the news, check the weather, and yes, often times I use it for mapping to-and-from directions. It's worked flawlessly for me for over a year. I deleted On Demand from my 700 as soon as I saw how buggy it was. Also, I remember reading the fine print somewhere that most of the nicer features of On Demand were only good for 30 days after activation, then you have to pay for them. Anyway, On Demand is apparently a buggy marketing ploy by Sprint. Get the real thing, Express.
    I would think twice about this. At least on my 650, Express wouldn't even update new information and was more buggy. Can anyone else vouch for its stability on the 700? I thought OD was in ROM?
    I ran Express on my 600. I skipped the 650, and just got the 700. Anyway, I never had a problem with Express in my 600, and I've not yet had any problems with it in my 700.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Sprint called me today and said they have identified the problem and Handmark will be updating their internal software (i.e. server-side issue). Sprint's OnDemand mapping should be functioning normally soon.
    Until then, I won't mess with it. I new it wasn't my device.
    at&t iPhone3G
    TV Guide isn't updating on my 700p and I heard someone else mention something similar. As for the crashes, I notice that hitting the update button on PageOne *first* (right after entering the program), has prevented crashes. I'm just playing with the features during the test period as I have no intention of paying for these services at this point. I do like the layout of On Demand though, and appreciate Palmy's recommendation of Express.
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    Sprint called me today and said they have identified the problem and Handmark will be updating their internal software (i.e. server-side issue). Sprint's OnDemand mapping should be functioning normally soon.
    Glad to hear that. There are several other issues I believe but at least they are working on it.
    I, too, got the call from Sprint 2 days ago advising me that the problem had been outsourced to the developer of On Demand.

Went to On Demand today and was prompted to accept a "required upgrade file". After downloading this file, DIRECTIONS WORK!!!

Seems that Sprint really did make something happen this time.

K
    It seems all my problems in On Demand have cleared up since that update. It looks like Sprint is really trying to take care of OD, it being bundled and all. Good!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I think you should call up and demand that OnDemand work ..... well ..... OnDemand