1.    #1  
    I'm moving over from a PPC6700. I would use wireless activesync to ync with the exchange server, then sync with my laptop to keep contacts and calendar in sync between the laptop, PDA, and server. Is there any way to do this on the 700p? I only have OWA access to exchange, so I cant sync directly from the laptop.
  2.    #2  
    Nobody?
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    You can wireless "hotsync" to your desktop thereby syncing calender, contacts and tasks with outlook.

You can also use versamail to autosync to your exchange server directly for email, contacts and calender. You can set that up on timed intervals.

On your 6700 why would you wireless activesync to exchange and then also sync with the desktop, didn't your wireless activesync also sync calendar and contacts? Or were you activesyncing email only and then desktop syncing for the rest??
  4.    #4  
    I did wireless activesync between 6700 and the exchange server for mail, contacts and calendar.

I would then occasionally activesync the 6700 to my laptop to keep my contacts and calendar up to date on the laptop.

If I added a contact on my computer at work, it would automatically sync to the 6700 over EVDO, and then would get synced to the laptop whenever I would manually sync the lappy and 6700.

If I added it on the laptop, the 6700 would get it during the manual activesync, then automatically sync it to the server over the air.

I did it this way because my laptop at home did not have access to the exchange server because outlook will not sync over outlook web access, while pocket outlook will.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Gotcha...

You can do the same thing on the Treo.

Use Versamail to sync over evdo to exchange server and sync email/contacts/calendar.

Use Hotsync to sync to Outlook on your laptop. You can also set up Hotsync to sync over your EVDO connection. I rarely plug in the actual cable, much easier to Hotsync over evdo anytime I want.

The only downside is that versamail won't sync tasks.
    Is there another program that will sync tasks as well as everything else?
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevroc
    Gotcha...

You can do the same thing on the Treo.

Use Versamail to sync over evdo to exchange server and sync email/contacts/calendar.

Use Hotsync to sync to Outlook on your laptop. You can also set up Hotsync to sync over your EVDO connection. I rarely plug in the actual cable, much easier to Hotsync over evdo anytime I want.

The only downside is that versamail won't sync tasks.
    Are you sure that works? I have an Exchange ActiveSync profile in Versamail and I cannot get Contacts or Calendar Hotsync to work. I'll enable it and set it up, but after the sync it gets disabled. I believe Versamail is disabling those conduits because I have an Activesync profile setup.

I only want to sync mail and calendar with Exchange, which worked fine on my 650, but the 700p must have that update that allows contact sync too. Any ideas from anyone?

Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by awayne
    Is there another program that will sync tasks as well as everything else?

Probably Good and Nexchange?

http://www.nextworks.com/index.htm

http://www.good.com/index.php/index.html

Also, I'm not certain but perhaps chattermail might support this in the future as well?...might wanna ask marc about this...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Hi Joe,

Yes, I have it working on mine. I've disabled my versamail conduit in hotsync as I don't need that for any reason. You may be able to do the same which may eliminate your conflict.
    Quote Originally Posted by quake97 View Post
    Are you sure that works? I have an Exchange ActiveSync profile in Versamail and I cannot get Contacts or Calendar Hotsync to work. I'll enable it and set it up, but after the sync it gets disabled. I believe Versamail is disabling those conduits because I have an Activesync profile setup.

I only want to sync mail and calendar with Exchange, which worked fine on my 650, but the 700p must have that update that allows contact sync too. Any ideas from anyone?

Joe

I'd LOVE a solution to this? Was one ever discovered?

I have activesync for work email, calendar, etc. But I still want to sync via hotsync and cable on my home computer. But activsync auto disables my calendar and contacts sync.
    Palm III -> Palm IV -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p
    I don't think you can do it if you're syncing with Outlook on your laptop. What you can do is set your laptop up with Palm Desktop and sync everything with that through the cable, and through Activesync with your Exchange server.