Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    I never took the 700P's synch cable out of the box. I'm still using the 650's cable, and it's charging up just fine.
    Same for me.
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    Just another reason I like the 700.. My 650 never charged via USB
    Hello,

This is Kevin from Palm. Just to confirm, both the Verizon and Sprint Treo 700p will trickle charge through powered USB ports. My 650 does the same, though the charge light and lightening bolt do not turn on. This is probably due to the amount of power a particular USB port supplies. There is a threshold and below it, the light/bolt will not display, but the device will still trickle charge. In this case, the best way to confirm a charge through a particular port is to first note the battery level, then leave it plugged in for a decent amount of time (2,4 hrs or overnight) and then recheck the battery level.
    Hope that sorts things out.

Sincerely
    Kevin
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Check out what’s new at
    http://www.palm.com/
    Man, I love this feature. I discovered it today while syncing.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Michaels
    Hello,

This is Kevin from Palm. Just to confirm, both the Verizon and Sprint Treo 700p will trickle charge through powered USB ports. My 650 does the same, though the charge light and lightening bolt do not turn on. This is probably due to the amount of power a particular USB port supplies. There is a threshold and below it, the light/bolt will not display, but the device will still trickle charge. In this case, the best way to confirm a charge through a particular port is to first note the battery level, then leave it plugged in for a decent amount of time (2,4 hrs or overnight) and then recheck the battery level.
    Hope that sorts things out.

Sincerely
    Kevin
    THis is a great enhancement for the 700p. I am going to order a USB car charger so I can use the sync cable to charge my treo in the car.

There are two versions available on seidioonline.com: 800mah and 1300mah output. Any idea which onw to order? I don't want to fry the little guy.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12