1.    #1  
    Just wodnering if anyone has gotten the plugin to successfully install on the 700p yet?

Thanks...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Are you refering to Java runtime? I got it to run on my 700 that way I can use Webviewer works fine except the five way isnt fully supported.
    And more specifically, does kmaps work on the 700p?
  4.    #4  
    What about the MidletHQ? Does that install properly on the 700p? I also would like to know if apps like Opera and Kmaps work properly on the 700p...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by petesamprs
    And more specifically, does kmaps work on the 700p?
    kmaps works, but it seems that java is still a little buggy on the 700p. For me it doesn't quite have that "fully supported" feel yet.
    Haven't tried Kmaps, but Opera Mini 2.0 works for me.
    I just got a 700p (newbie).. where can I get the java runtime for the 700p and how do i install it?

thanks!

Ctsvett
    here's a write up I did on installing java:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...87&postcount=3

if you're installing Opera, you'll also want to see this post on how to configure it (after install):
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...6537&p=1010240
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Kmaps worked great for me, with EVDO it's finally fast enough to be usable! I haven't tried any other java apps but didn't run into any difficulties.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    i installed java and kmaps works good, i dont seen any other reason to use java on the phone so im considering deleting it, since i dont use kmaps ever
    I can't get kmaps to work. I've installed the java runtime files and kmaps, but get an error that kmaps can't find java. I can't see what I'm missing here?
    Kmaps works gret on the 700... loves the EvDO.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by beavis10
    I can't get kmaps to work. I've installed the java runtime files and kmaps, but get an error that kmaps can't find java. I can't see what I'm missing here?

Anyone? I've installed the two java prc's but I don't see anything in prefs or anywhere else.
    Try uninstalling both of them, and starting over. You need to make sure that Java is installed first, then KMaps on top. You shouldn't have a problem.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beavis10
    Did you follow the directions from palm website on how to install java?
    You can find the instructions under the 650's Java download section.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    I read the instructions at Palm. The only thing I did differently was that I installed the files over bluetooth instead of hotsyncing. It's only the 2 files right?
    Do you need to install all three files in the Kmaps Zip?
    Hey Chodaboy,
    You do need to install all three files, i used quick install. I also noticed that I did not have access to the setting comand unless I installed onto the phone not the card. The settings allow you to use a larger map.
    They also mention to max out the file sizes from the phones pref settings - click on Java and scroll
    Thanks!!!