1.    #1  
    Does any one know of some good bill tracking software? What I am looking for is an application that I can enter all of my bills into and have it give me a total due and be able to check each on off when it is paid. I have seen apps like Bill Wizard and Quik Budget and they are not what I am looking for. What I want is much more simple, I don't want to set up wallets or have recurring payments. This will probably be used mainly to track medical bills from a previous surgery.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Matt
    Matt:

I use HandyShopper 2 (the beta version) for tracking my bills. It works better than anything else I have ever tried. I made a database called "bills" and I set up categories for each type of bill (utility, house, vehicle, etc). I made the database a checklist with the name of the person to be paid; a column for the category of the bill; a custom column with the due date and then a column for the running total of the bills that need to be paid.

I don't know if you already have HandyShopper 2, or if you are familiar with it at all, but you can check them off from the "all" file as you get the bills, which transfers them into the "need" file (or in this case, the bills that need to be paid). Then when you pay them, check them off of the "need" file and they go back to the "all" file. It is extremely easy and FREE.

I use HandyShopper 2 for everything (I even assigned it to my "to do" button on my Visor). I use it for Christmas shopping/cards, prescription tracking, recipies, a travel item checklist, my personal wish list and oh yeah, grocery shopping.
  3.    #3  
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by MoKoni
    [B]Matt:

I made a database called "bills" and I set up categories for each type of bill (utility, house, vehicle, etc). I made the database a checklist with the name of the person to be paid; a column for the category of the bill; a custom column with the due date and then a column for the running total of the bills that need to be paid.

Thanks MoKoni.

This is exactly what I was looking for. The one thing I can't seem to find is how to set up a column for the running total. I looked in the included documentation and went through the program many times looking for this. If you don't mind could you tell me how you set this up?

Thanks

Matt
    You're welcome Matt. Here's how I set up the running total column:

When you are in your bill database, tap on the icon located on the bottom of the screen between the need box and the magnifying glass, which will bring up a menu. Select preferences and you will get to the bills database preferences settings. Select the columns tab and make sure that the checkbox next to price is checked (I have mine set on the default size). After you do that, tap on OK and you will get back to your bills database list. There should be a column on the righthand side that has a dollar sign on the top of the column, and all of the amounts for the bills should be listed under it. If you tap on the dollar sign, the total of all of the bills you have checked in the need view will be displayed. (You can do this in both the need and all view).

Also, once you have checked off all of the bills that you had checked as need to pay, you have to "checkout" so that the bills go back into the need view. You do that by tapping on the menu icon in the graffiti area and selecting checkout (it's under the record menu).

Hopefully, that explains what you are looking for. If not, feel free to email me and I will try to explain further.

Have a good weekend!
    Get ThinkDB 2.0 it is free at http://www.thinkingbytes.com. You can design a database that do EXACTLY what you want it to do.