Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I finally got my 700P on my brand new sprint account. I tried syncing it up by following the instructions on the installation CD, and it keeps telling me that it didn't sync up? It's like it times out...I dont know.

I searched around on the forums, and there was only one things that relates to this, and its the whole, streaming stuff to the palm. That's something completely different than what I'm asking about.

BUT, in that thread, a couple of people mentioned that they were able to sync up with media center fine...

So...maybe theres something else that I'm missing?

I'm at work now, so I can't try anything till I get home, but any suggestions would be great.

I was looking through the manual, and apparently I'm supposed to plug the AC adaptor into the sync cable too when attaching it...I don't know if that would affect anything. I also read the quick tour stuff, and it did mention that media center didn't work with my phone so thats wierd...

Are there updates to the software already? I'm kinda bummed...I wanna get this baby going!
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuitarGuy
    I finally got my 700P on my brand new sprint account. I tried syncing it up by following the instructions on the installation CD, and it keeps telling me that it didn't sync up? It's like it times out...I dont know.

I searched around on the forums, and there was only one things that relates to this, and its the whole, streaming stuff to the palm. That's something completely different than what I'm asking about.

BUT, in that thread, a couple of people mentioned that they were able to sync up with media center fine...

So...maybe theres something else that I'm missing?

I'm at work now, so I can't try anything till I get home, but any suggestions would be great.

I was looking through the manual, and apparently I'm supposed to plug the AC adaptor into the sync cable too when attaching it...I don't know if that would affect anything. I also read the quick tour stuff, and it did mention that media center didn't work with my phone so thats wierd...

Are there updates to the software already? I'm kinda bummed...I wanna get this baby going!
    The power does not need to be attached to sync. Did you use the install CD or the version you download from Palm.com?
  3.    #3  
    I used the install CD that came with the phone.
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuitarGuy
    I used the install CD that came with the phone.
    Have you got "Local USB" checked in the Hotsync app?
  5.    #5  
    yes I do.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    700p does not support sync with XP Media Center!!!!!
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst
    Eh?
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    How is this telling you it is not syncing. Sorry, I just need a little more info about what is going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst
    Why not? XPMCE is just a modified version of XP pro. In fact, you can convert regular XP or even Windows 2003 to media center if you are so inclined.

Unless the new 700p software has something in it that specifically blocks syncing with MCE, it should work. I synced my old 650 on MCE 2005.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Try doing a warm reset and then syncing. If it works then, you have a software conflict on your palm. If it does not work, try a different USB port and see if that makes a difference. Make sure you are not plugged into a USB hub unless its got a power supply hooked to it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  11.    #11  
    I'll try the reset when I get home, but I have tried out different USB ports. They're all powered on my dell...no hub.

I'll type out the exact error that i get when I get home tonight. I've got like...5 and a half hours till.

Edit:
    I also don't understand why it doesn't work with Media center, but it does mention it in the quick start guide...I do know that people have mentioned that it works for them so...this is kind of lame.

I hate media center...I wish I had pro dammit.
    I had a similar issue that I resolved. For some reason XPMCE recognized the phone as an "MTP Device", and dosen't install the palm driver. Try going to your device manager, find the "MTP Device", right click on it and hit update driver, then do the "Automatically find divers" type option.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Here is the link from the Palm website. Palm devices are not necessarily compatible with Windows Media Center. I've heard of a couple of people that have gotten their devices to sync. But many haven't. If you do find a good solution, please post the step-by-step instructions.

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,Case=obj(37448)
    I was going to move to XPMCE because I like to watch video online and stuff like that. I guess I'd better stay with XP Pro. Syncing with Vista will probably be a problem too for some time. No OS change for me yet.
  15.    #15  
    oh yeah! It does see it as that!

I bet thats it! Thanks a lot man! I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Is there a thread thats stickied with common problems that I can post this solution to?
    Unfortunately, Palm does not support hotsync on MCE as mentioned in the following quote taken from
    http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,Case=obj(37448)

"These versions of Windows XP are not supported:

* Media Center Edition
    * Tablet PC Edition
    * Professional x64 Edition "

Supported, or not, the only way I have been able to sync with my HP Media Center PC is via bluetooth. Surprisingly, I find that this works fairly well.

That's my $.03

Paul
  17.    #17  
    I want to thank all of you for trying to help out. You're all very helpful so far and I appreciate it! = D
    Well -- I just installed my daughter's Treo 700P on an Windows XP Media Center Edition Laptop (Dell) and it is working. (Palm Desktop was selected for calendar and such.) No Palm software had ever been installed on that laptop, either. And my 650 has been working for 17 months on my desktop PC that has Win XP MCE.(Prior Palm Desktops on this machine.)

Cable sync is working fine on both.

Go figure. (Knock on wood.)

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 06/07/2006 at 08:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pokada
    Unfortunately, Palm does not support hotsync on MCE as mentioned in the following quote taken from

"These versions of Windows XP are not supported:

* Media Center Edition
    * Tablet PC Edition
    * Professional x64 Edition "

Supported, or not, the only way I have been able to sync with my HP Media Center PC is via bluetooth. Surprisingly, I find that this works fairly well.

That's my $.03

Paul
    How fast is it via BT?
    ThatGuitarGuy - Did that help? If the driver update dosen't work you could try "Uninstalling" the MTP device and then re-plugging the phone.

If you install the Palm Desktop BEFORE plugging in the treo for the first time it should work properly.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast