Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by amtatar
    ThatGuitarGuy - Did that help? If the driver update dosen't work you could try "Uninstalling" the MTP device and then re-plugging the phone.

If you install the Palm Desktop BEFORE plugging in the treo for the first time it should work properly.
    I was sure to do the install before connecting . . . . as the instructions stated. . . and it is working.
  2.    #22  
    yeah, I'm unable to try it out at the moment, but I will when I get home.

I remember reading something like that the first time I tried, but me being eager, skipped over reading stuff. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling to see if it would pop up again and no dice. Now I know what it said...

I guess patience pays off...like it always does ha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    How fast is it via BT?
    It's not as fast as a wired connection but I'm happy with it. Of course, YMMV. Give it a try.

Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by pokada
    It's not as fast as a wired connection but I'm happy with it. Of course, YMMV. Give it a try.

Paul
    Yeah, it's not as fast as USB, but way faster than IR.
    Try the directions here, substituting 700p where TX is referenced.
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I was going to move to XPMCE because I like to watch video online and stuff like that. I guess I'd better stay with XP Pro. Syncing with Vista will probably be a problem too for some time. No OS change for me yet.
    Try a program called Meedio (www.meedio.com).
    My 700p works fine on my HP WMC2005 home computer. It's also syncs perfectly with my laptop work computer running XP Pro.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by amtatar
    I had a similar issue that I resolved. For some reason XPMCE recognized the phone as an "MTP Device", and dosen't install the palm driver. Try going to your device manager, find the "MTP Device", right click on it and hit update driver, then do the "Automatically find divers" type option.

I used this method, but I looked for Palm Device instead of MTP Device. It would say that its a MTP Device when I connected it, but not in the device manager. Kind of wierd. I then went to update driver, and all was good! Thank you!
    I was going to move to XPMCE because I like to watch video online and stuff like that. I guess I'd better stay with XP Pro. Syncing with Vista will probably be a problem too for some time. No OS change for me yet.
    Try out SageTV. I moved from XPMCE to SageTV and have not looked back. Plus it will work on Win2k, XP home, Pro and 2003.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  10.    #30  
    funny thing...it was syncing up all until I tried to put MP3's on my treo...now I get the same error. What the fubar!
  11.    #31  
    Actually, it doesn't even show up on my computer as a device found. I just hear the plug and play connect and disconnect sound. The error that shows up on my treo is:

The connection between your handheld computer and the desktop could not be established Please check your setup and try again.
    I have been having this same problem, however simply uninstalling the MTP Device or forcing the Palm driver file simply would NOT work for me like it does most people. Windows did not see the palm driver as "compatible with your hardware."

I don't know if anyone else will have this same problem, but in case someone does, here's my solution:

Open Device Manager on the Hardware tab in 'System' in Control Panel. Find the MTP Device (or Palm Handheld under Windows Portable Devices), right click on it and go to properties. Click on the Details tab.

Take note of the Device ID, with regard to the VID_#### and PID_#### numbers. Mine were both 0000, which is why Windows didn't consider the device compatible with the Palm driver. I don't know why or how this came to be for my Treo, but it doesn't matter at this point.

Navigate to your palm driver (usually C:\Program Files\Palm\USB_Driver\ ) and open the PalmUSBD.inf file. Make a backup of it if you wish before proceeding. Scroll down until you see [Palm_DeviceList]. Note the VID and PID numbers present in the first entry underneath it - this is what your 700p Device ID should have been. Change these numbers to match what you noted earlier in Device Manager. Save the file.

Now update the driver to the one you just modified and it should install successfully.
  13.    #33  
    sweet, I'll have to give it a shot!

Palm should release a patch or something!
  14.    #34  
    didn't work. I'm going to try uninstalling the software, and deleting the palm folder, then trying again.

Works fine on my laptop which is home edition...
  15.    #35  
    uninstalling, deleting the palm folder, and reinstalling worked.
    One question. Is Vista an updated, enhanced version of WMCE? If so, Palm or maybe even Microsoft needs to release a patch within the year if Vista will be out by Christmas(of course that's a big if). It sounds like a pain to sync. Did the 700w have the same problems on WMCE?

All this makes me want to stick with XP Pro, but I really did want to try WMCE.
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    Try out SageTV. I moved from XPMCE to SageTV and have not looked back. Plus it will work on Win2k, XP home, Pro and 2003.
    Thanks, I'll look into it!
  18.    #38  
    media center blows. You'd take a step down if you had pro. The ONLY thing that I see that makes it nicer, is how it plays DVDs and music...but I have powerDVD and itunes so...no point.

oh and you can have picture slide shows, whatever...lame.
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Well -- I just installed my daughter's Treo 700P on an Windows XP Media Center Edition Laptop (Dell) and it is working. (Palm Desktop was selected for calendar and such.) No Palm software had ever been installed on that laptop, either. And my 650 has been working for 17 months on my desktop PC that has Win XP MCE.(Prior Palm Desktops on this machine.)

Cable sync is working fine on both.

Go figure. (Knock on wood.)

Cheers, Perry
    Ditto...I haven't had any issues syncing my 700p with WXPMCE.
    at&t iPhone3G
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast