Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    On my Treo 650, I could set up the Outlook Calendar conduit to sync timezones with the Treo 650. All my appointments in my Treo 650 would be created with Timezones (as synced from Outlook). There was a checkbox in the Outlook Conduit for Timezones and a setting in the calendar on the Palm device.

On my Treo 700p, I have the same settings checked, but none of my calendar entries have a timezone associated with them. Only if I create an appt from scratch on the Treo700p, will it have a Timezone.

I did reloaded the desktop software/conduits from the 700p CD. It looks like the versions of the Outlook conduits are the same as the 650.

Is it me? Or are other people experiencing the same thing with the 700p?
  2.    #2  
    I tried hard reseting my phone and resync with no extra apps on it. Still no Timezone sync.

Hmmmm...
  3.    #3  
    Tried hard reseting and removing all my calendar entries in Outlook. Then copying them back into Outlook and resyncing with settings in Sync for Outlook timezones checked.

Still no luck....

Seems like someone at Palm screwed up.....

No one else use timezones in calendar with the default Palm apps?
    I wasn't able to get it to work... ran into another sync problem and am now using Chapura and they don't do it either. I'm dreading my next trip.
  5.    #5  
    I tried uninstalling Palm desktop too. no luck.

I've been corresponding wiht Palm over email. They haven't been able to help.

Just tried calling Palm Tech support, they didn't even know anything about an outlook conduit. I asked to get transfered to Tier 2 or something and got disconnected.
  6.    #6  
    Is anyone getting timezones syncing to the Treo 700p?
    I had a call with Sprint (no help) they were supposed to call me back but never did.
    You may have already tried this, but if not, do.

Right click on the hot sync icon and go to custom. Scroll down to calendar. Click on change. Click on settings. Check the box that says "Assign Times Zones on my Palm Device for all new appointments created in Outlook"

I don't use time zones because I have had big problems in the past using them on Windows mobile devices. The way I look at it is, home time zone is where ever I am.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I've tried that.... no luck... the reason I want them is when I travel the time on my Treo changes, but all of my meetings show up in my home time zone = royal pain in the tush.
  10.    #10  
    I have now called Palm 3 times. None of them understand that there is even an option to sync timezones. They keep thinking that I want to change the timezone of my device, rather then timezone setting in appointments.

One person said they were going to transfer me to Tier 2, but ended up hanging up on me.

Right now I've been sitting on hold for about 30 minutes. The tech is still trying to understand how timezones are used on the Treo.

I keep asking him to transfer me to tier 2 or something. Every once in a while he keeps saying "are you sure you have the timezone checkbox checked"... He's asked me that like 5 times now.

hmmm.. I didn't realize Palm Tech support was so lame these days. I guess I never had to call before.
  11.    #11  
    Maybe I'll try re-installing my 650 desktop stuff. See if that works.
    Hi all,

The problem I'm having is that the TimeZone resets itself in Prefs | Date&Time. I have "Get date & time from mobile network" checked, but I unchecked "Get time zone from mobile network" because it keeps setting it to "Chicago", and I'm in the Mountain time zone. The only problem with that, is that it keeps resetting itself to "Chicago" after a day or so (maybe it's overnight, not sure).

Anyone have a solution to this one? Ever see anything like this?

Thanks,
    ~Moose
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemoose
    Hi all,

The problem I'm having is that the TimeZone resets itself in Prefs | Date&Time. I have "Get date & time from mobile network" checked, but I unchecked "Get time zone from mobile network" because it keeps setting it to "Chicago", and I'm in the Mountain time zone. The only problem with that, is that it keeps resetting itself to "Chicago" after a day or so (maybe it's overnight, not sure).

Anyone have a solution to this one? Ever see anything like this?

Thanks,
    ~Moose

I think this is set by your Wireless provider on their towers. So there is no way for you to change it. You could try calling Spring/Verizon and let them know that their tower/switch is set for the wrong timezone.
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    I think this is set by your Wireless provider on their towers. So there is no way for you to change it. You could try calling Spring/Verizon and let them know that their tower/switch is set for the wrong timezone.
    Unfortunately, it's not as easy as that. I have the "Get timezone from network" option UNCHECKED, which I would think means that the city I select manually should stay, i.e., Salt Lake City. The problem is that every so often, sometimes every few hours, it resets itself to Chicago and my appointments are off by an hour!

~Moose
  15.    #15  
    Ok... anyone able to get Timezones synced from Outlook into the Treo 700p???

I still haven't had any luck with this. Palm email support hasn't figured anything else out. Palm phone support can barely speak english... I supposed I should call them again, I just dread talking to them.

I notice that Chappura PocketMirror XT supports the Treo 700p now. Just hate to pay $30 for something that is supposed to come with the 700p.

no one else use Calendar Timezones on the Treo 700p?
  16.    #16  
    Just called and talked to Palm again.... They took a message and are supposed to call me back. I guess I didn't realize how poor Palm's technical support was lately. And they want to charge $25 after 90 days for that? Sheesh...
    I've had no luck with the timezone. I went the route of calling Chapura to see if they will start supporting time zones. The answer I got was no...
  18.    #18  
    I just called Chapura, too. I guess Pocketmirror doesn't support timezones.

Supposedly someone from Tier 2 Palm support is supposed to call me, otherwise maybe Datebk6?
    This needs to be fixed.. I just sync'd in a new timezone and now my holidays span two days in this time zone.
  20.    #20  
    Just got a call from Tier 2 at Palm. They actually called cool. The person who called told me it is escalated to Tier 3 and they are trying to replicate the behavoir. Supposedly I should hear something in the next day or so.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast