Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks for the update. Please let us know when they get back to you.
    Did Palm ever get back to you?
  3.    #23  
    I just called them again. I guess they were able to re-create this issue in Tier 3. It has been escalated to Palm engineering.

Not sure if I'll hear anything from Palm if this is fixed or not. At least they know it is an issue.
    I called into Palm and after waiting on hold for 15 minutes was told that Palm acknowledges there is an issue and they are working on it.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Bump. Was this ever fixed? My Outlook Conduit also does NOT send Time Zone info for my appointments. If this was fixed I might actually start using my Palm Calendar again as I switch time Zones (Mtn, Central and Pacific) quite frequently. Anyone?
    --Denny
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Ok so no surprises here but Palm keeps saying that I need to "turn off my network time" and then the Time Zone info should sync. Of course this doesn't work. Do any of the people that spoke to Palm before have case #s or something similar that I can reference. Are there any other workarounds? Any clue whether the problem lies on the device or whether the problem is with the conduit? I assume others are still experiencing this same problem unless they somehow found a way to fix it. Thanks,
    --Denny
    Denny,
    When I talked with Palm they said they were looking at the issue and it would be included in a patch... now that was July and we still don't have any patch.

I have, however, found something that actually does work for me, I'm not sure if it will work in your situation.

I started using xChangeSync. This is a software program that is in beta to do syncing to an Exchange server over the air. What I do is when I get to a new time zone I clear out the calendar (there's a tool built into xChangeSync to do this), then I resync over the air and things come back in with the right time zone. It's not anywhere near ideal, but it works for me.

You can download the beta from...

http://www.moxsi.com/forum/viewforum...9da43f2af87cc7

Good Luck
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info. I knew this guy was working on the Beta and hopefully he will finish it up soon so it gets integrated into Chatter. I originally told him how important time zones were so he was supposed to include some time zone logic int the sync. Good idea.
    --Denny
  9.    #29  
    The last thing I heard was Tier 3 engineering at Palm reproduced the issue. They were going to put something into a patch. Never saw anything again. Great palm support.

A reason I will probably get a different unit after years of using palm devices.

I'm currently using Datebk6 which has its own timezone support as a workaround. Not ideal but a workaround.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Agendus 11.x also support time zones but it is SO annoying b/c the sync from Outlook doesn't transfer them. This means that times don't update when I travel and I have to manually input the time zones to get this to work. Annoying and one of the reasons I have stopped using the Palm calendar.
    --Denny
    Any word of a fix would be appreciated. I travel extensively and this has is having an adverse affect on my productivity. I am dumbfounded that this problem exists.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Hopefully they address this in the upcoming ROM fix.
    --Denny
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Me too; see my other thread on my problems with Outlook's calendar titled DST Problems
    Last edited by vMAC; 05/05/2007 at 09:31 PM. Reason: hyperlink
  14.    #34  
    Yeah.. I haven't heard anything about this. Not sure if its a rom issue or not. I kind of gave up on it ever being fixed. One more reason to switch to another OS when a decent device becomes available.
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman View Post
    Is anyone getting timezones syncing to the Treo 700p?
    No.
    I have the Treo 755p and it does not pass the timezone information back and forth between Outlook and the handheld unit. Yes, I have the conduit "assign timezone on my....." checked.

HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO FIX THIS?
    I hate to say it, but I have a solution... you won't like it, and I didn't, but I'm getting used to it. I've left Palm and gone to the dark side of Microsoft. It works perfectly with Win mobile despite the other issues there.
    Quote Originally Posted by pizenson View Post
    I hate to say it, but I have a solution... you won't like it, and I didn't, but I'm getting used to it. I've left Palm and gone to the dark side of Microsoft. It works perfectly with Win mobile despite the other issues there.
    How about going to the RIM Blackberry darkside, I am ready to throw this 755p on eBay after all the resets and now not being able to pass timezone info to Outlook and back !!!

Had ANYONE out there found a fix using the Treo w/Palm OS ????????
  18.    #38  
    Yeah.. It has never been fixed. I gave up a long time ago. I'm using Datebk6. It has its own way of dealing with Timezones.

This has not been fixed in MR 1.10 or in any updates to the Outlook conduits (I tried the office 2007 conduit).
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman View Post
    Yeah.. It has never been fixed. I gave up a long time ago. I'm using Datebk6. It has its own way of dealing with Timezones.

This has not been fixed in MR 1.10 or in any updates to the Outlook conduits (I tried the office 2007 conduit).
    .... I tried the trail version of Datebk6, however, does it really send the timezone info back and forth from the PC? Or does it just allow you to set the time zone on the handheld?

I am not sure what Datebk6 is getting you here. Thanks.
  20.    #40  
    It doesn't send things back and forth to the PC. When you create things in datebk6, you can have it default to creating in your home timezone though (Mountain for me)...

When I go to a different timezone (ie eastern).. it automatically adjusts the meeting and alarms to the new timezone.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast