Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    For people that bought the seidio battery: Although mine says 2400 on the front, it also says for the Treo 650. Is this normal?
    yes they use the same batteries.
    Forget about going back to the 650...how about going back to a 600? I had to use my wife's 600 again yesterday and the D-Pad is so perfectly designed and comfortable, the device feels slimmer, the darker non-Xmas-tree design/buttons is more professional, the Phone app is better (four quick-launch keys), the built-in email app "just plain works" (as compared to VersaSuck), and launching/changing apps is snappier than the 650/700p.

But, no, I can't do it. Once you've had the 650's screen, it's so hard to go back to 160x160. And now that I have Ev-DO with my 700p, I don't want to give that up either.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    I called to send my 700p back. I even had sprint switch me back to my 6700 since I didn't have the time to trouble shoot the resets and sluggishness.

I set addit and versamail to do nothing on the desktop, uninstalled my palm programs from the desktop, ran a corrupt file search from palm desktop, ran dbscan and fixaddress on the handheld, drug all the files from the backup folder on the desktop, downloaded the latest versions of my apps, reformatted my Sd card and decided to forego unneeded programs. I am on day 3 with no resets, no errors and a lightning fast 700p.

Trouble shoot your device you lazy bums ;-)
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    so, what's with the hard reset to improve battery life?
    Never underestimate the power of freedom!

Treo 600, 650, 700P and now 755P.
    Quote Originally Posted by vflopez
    ... I have about 100 applications ...
    That is a bunch! Could you list your favorite 77?
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by brvheart
    I actually tried a 3rd 700p and get a rocket, it is awsome this time around. I too got the 2400 mAH extended battery and seems to make the phone as the 650 stock battery was. I agree that the battery life is not par for this device, but for all that it can do I am willing to use the Seidio battery and move past it and be happy for what I have now . I did not tweak anything except for the auto off, dim etc and dimmed the screen slightly, other than that I left everything the way that it was.
    I am using BrighCam and I am seeing a nice extension in battery life already. My next thing is to upgrade to the 2400 mah extended battery also, and see where it stands with the both of these options together. So far my 700 is running stabile with the latest version of BC, but only more time will tell.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    It seems that when Palm releases a new device these days, the first several months are always a pseudo beta testing period for early adopters! Eventually, Palm will release updates for the 700p, but I agree it would be nice if palm would release devices with most the bugs already cleaned out...
    They just following SOP established by MS

Redmond Dictionary Definition:

"Beta OS" - Everything before SP3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123