Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    In the 650 thread, there is talk of bringing back the shortcuts from older palm devices.

Will these programs work on the 700P? They were named shortcuts and shortcuts_en_us?

Thanks.
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    Not sure, but I've used a freeware app called shortcut5 on my 650 and 700p with success.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I would rather use the native shortcut files, if possible (have seen some posts regarding the program slowing down the treo and draining the batter.)
    Visit My Blog

I just posted this in another thread somewhere. Forget the native shortcut utility. Shortcut5 is FAR faster, easier to use, has MANY more functions and does not affect system performance in any way.

If you still want the native program, enjoy and good luck.
    Palm V --> Clie 610 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 ("verizonfied") --> Treo 650 ("verizonfied") --> Vz Treo 700p -->AT&T Tilt
    You may also wish to try the new RNS:: TreoShortCuts.
    RNS:: software for your Treo! www.ranosoft.net/treo
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquire1996
    In the 650 thread, there is talk of bringing back the shortcuts from older palm devices.

Will these programs work on the 700P? They were named shortcuts and shortcuts_en_us?.
    Do you mean the squiggly character you wrote and then two letters and it shows the shortcut.

I put the shortcuts file(s) from my i500 onto my Sprint Treo 700p and when I use graffiti anywhere they work in most programs (not all). I have no way to edit these files though.

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I was referring to the ability to add new shortcuts, and edit the ones there. This ability has been gone since the 650, at least.

I miss having the ability to add text by shortcut.
    Visit My Blog

Guys, just try RNS:: TreoShortCuts - this will automatically install the "ShortCuts" Prefs panel that lets you add/edit/delete your shortcuts.
    RNS:: software for your Treo! www.ranosoft.net/treo
    Quote Originally Posted by RaNo
    Guys, just try RNS:: TreoShortCuts - this will automatically install the "ShortCuts" Prefs panel that lets you add/edit/delete your shortcuts.
    I'm trying this out - I *really* missed shortcuts and had just installed the hack to move the shortcut symbol up in the alt S symbol list on my 650 when I upgraded to the 700p.

So far it looks great!
    RNS:: TreoShortCuts seems to work well with most apps. But does not seem to work with goodlink. First, holding the ALT, ., or S, does not make the shortcut character appear. So, I configured tealscript to recognize the graffiti to make the shortcut character appear. But anytime I do this in goodlink, it asks me if I want to discard my changes (as if I selected cancel from the menu).
    Guess for now I'll try shortcut5 instead. It seems to be working with GoodLink and other apps as well.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I ended up installing the shortcut files I found here, in another forum, and they seem to be working fine, as of now.

Although, I am noticing increased battery drain on my 700P, which was working fine before. Not sure if they are related.
    Visit My Blog

Could you please post a link to the "shortcut files" you found here. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I have attached the files, in zip format.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Visit My Blog

Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Also, FYI, they need to be put on a memory card, and copied to the treo via filez, or something similar.

Here is another question, I deleted the two files, since they may be causing the new battery drain (am I crazy?), however, the shortcuts I entered while they were on the phone are still available. Weird, right?
    Visit My Blog

Thanks Esquire1996.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    No problem. Let me know how they work for you.
    Visit My Blog

I haven't noticed any battery drain using Shortcuts5, but I use it mostly for time and date stamps. I saw another post somewhere mentioning battery issues using this one as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquire1996
    I have attached the files, in zip format.
    What shortcuts are in this file?
    It does seem weird that they would still be there after you deleted the files.
    I have not noticed batt drain. I have mine set to only be enabled for the app list and I configured the app list for the few apps I want shortcuts available.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    These are the shortcut files from an older palm handheld, posted here in another forum. I had them installed on my 650, with no problems.

Where do you set them to be enabled in only certain apps? These files add a preference panel, where you can set shortcuts, just like in the old tungsten t days.
    Visit My Blog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast