1.    #1  
    Will my Chatter email version 1.1.5/99:50:-(C)2004-6 work on the 700p ? Or do I need a different version?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Thanks!
    Casey
    Why wouldn't you upgrade to the latest version, 2.0p?

http://www.chatteremail.com/index.ph...er&filecatid=7
    According to Marc Blank himself you should be running the latest beta version if you are using the 700p.
  4.    #4  
    Actually, I prefer to run whatever is the latest "stable" version, instead of beta.

Is ChatterEmail Full - Version: 2.0p1+ the current "stable" version of Chatter that will work with the 700p?

Is this version in fact "stable"?

Thanks,
    Casey
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Actually, I prefer to run whatever is the latest "stable" version, instead of beta.

Is ChatterEmail Full - Version: 2.0p1+ the current "stable" version of Chatter that will work with the 700p?

Is this version in fact "stable"?

Thanks,
    Casey
    That's a good question and one that's up for debate right now. It appears (from the Chatteremail forum) that some folks are having problems with both the "Stable" and rc versions. I for one am sticking with the 2.0p1 "stable" version until the next version becomes released or one of the rc releases fixes problems specific to the 700p. I don't believe any have been fixed yet and in fact the Chatter developer doesn't even have a 700P right now (or so he said in the forum a few days ago). YMMV.
    I am using Chatter 2.0.1 RC 10 and not having any issues.
    Jimmie Geddes
    load the latest beta
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  8.    #8  
    This is the reason why I would like to continue using my version 1.1.5 because this has been stable on my Treo 650, and hope it will be stable on my 700p too. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
    Casey
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    load the latest beta - it is the most stable with the 700p. RC11 is the most recent.
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    Quote Originally Posted by ambtreo
    load the latest beta - it is the most stable with the 700p. RC11 is the most recent.
    It's the most recent, but clearly labled "unstable". But if Marc says to use it for the 700P, then that's good enough for me. Did he make that assessment?
  11.    #11  
    Will my version 1.1.5 work with the 700p, or will it self destruct, or otherwise become unstable?

Casey

Oooookay, I just tried installing 1.1.5 and got nothing but error messages. This does not work on my 700p.

Off to download the latest version now.

Casey
    Last edited by Casey Cheung; 06/07/2006 at 04:13 PM.
  12.    #12  
    Good news, I installed Chatter version 2.0p1+ and this appears to be working correctly!

The ironic thing is that I first had to program (gulp) VersaMail to work, which surprisingly took only 5 seconds to set up my AOL account. I also had to beam HandZipper Lite to my 700p. After VersaMail got up and running, I then emailed myself the newest Chatter 2.0p1 version as an attachment, which I then installed to the 700p using VersaMail.

See! VersaMail is useful for something! Simply as a conduit for getting Chatter installed onto my 700p !!

OKAY, NOW HERE'S A QUESTION: How do I pull up the Preference screen on Chatter? This seems to be nowhere. Furthermore, how do I pull up the (former) taskbar screen that previously existed on the Treo 650?? Has the task bar screen disappeared?? The new buttons on the 700p is a bit frustrating to get used to!

Casey
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    OKAY, NOW HERE'S A QUESTION: How do I pull up the Preference screen on Chatter?
    Try: pressing the 'menu' button on the lower right hand corner. 'Pref' (for Preference) would then come up on the upper right hand corner.

Happy Chatterring.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I'd recommend the beta at this point (rc11).

Marc
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc
    Try: pressing the 'menu' button on the lower right hand corner. 'Pref' (for Preference) would then come up on the upper right hand corner.

Happy Chatterring.
    Webedc,

That's the answer!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I just now noticed that stupid little button at the bottom right of the keyboard which brings up the Preference screen after you mentioned it.

Man, oh man...all these little button changes on the 700p is starting to drive me nutty!!

Casey