1.    #1  
    Had this phone all of two days. No resets yesterday and started loading software that folks said was ok.

Today I see a fix for Zlauncher so install that. That is first reset when trying that. Downgrade back to non-home button fix. Another reset.

Now I saw a Ringo fix for the 700p and install that. A few more resets setting up a few contacts.

Not to worried yet, but thought I would mention it. Will try to keep you all updated.
  2.    #2  
    Well a reset last night using something that I already forgot. This morning it was while using WEB.
    I get occasional resets also. What's funny is they usually happen during a hotsync. Also, whenever I use TCPMP for an extended period of time, it resets when I stop using the program. But this always happened on my 650 also. I figure that's just the price to pay for using the device.
    to be honest...I am getting really !@#$!#%ing sick of all of the resets.

I am about as patient with this stuff as anyone hear but this is rediculous!!!

ok...feel better now
  5.    #5  
    So how many reseta are you getting. Sounds like more than me.
    5-10 a day depending on what I'm doing. Each one of those I may have to reset it 6 wimes before it finally resets. Never had that on the 650. On the 700 sometimes I'll reset and it will just freeze.
    I get resets, but it's about the same as my 650 was. One thing I have noticed is that my resets are mainly restricted to ChatterEmail. On the 650 I'd get resets by just opening the browser, or simply clicking some crazy button on the browser like refresh.
    I've had the Treo700P for 4 days and have been loading apps (I had a Treo 600) slowly to minimze any issues.
    All was going well, until I reached Botzam Backup. While, Botzam seemed to work perfectly (it backed up & then restored 100% after a hard rest), I now can not launch Docs2go (rom). It keeps crashing. I think it may have to do with either the encryption or the compression of Botzam. I'll be trying different options in the next few days, but was wondering if anyone else suddenly saw Docs2go refuse to load without crashing.
    If a computer crashes in the forest and no one is on-site to download the error log, is the event documentable?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Chatter had a backrgound reset issue with beta 2.01rc11 but Marc has fixed that problem in 2.01rc12. I downloaded the beta upgrade and things are working fine now. I only had 2 resets and I can't be certain that they were caused by Chatter as they happened while I was using Blazer and had Chatter running in the background.

I was getting resets with Ringo, but I deleted it as I am just ripping 40kbps AAC's in iTunes and uploading through www.funformobile.com (thanks Merlyn_3D) as I am only using the songs as ringers.

I think the reset problem's with the 700p are directly caused by 3rd party apps that have not been perfected for the 700p. As the developers create fixes, the resets should decline. I have yet to see someone complain of constant 700p resets w/o having 3rd party software installed.
    My daughter's 700P is pretty plain vanilla.

Only 3rd party apps are Due Yesterday by www.nosleep.net (student planning freeware) and Filez (same people).

Using all the apps: all PIM plus On Demand, WEB and VersaMail (now E-Mail on the 700P). Will be adding RealPlayer later -- she had it on her Zire71.

No resets, as yet. (But again -- plain Treo 700P with basically no 3rd Party apps.)

Hey Dutch -- could PXA Clocker be causing issues? Have you tried it without that?

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 06/08/2006 at 08:43 AM.
  11.    #11  
    Another reset in web. I did have Chatter RC11 Upgrading that right now. Have Ringo, though it is disabled. When I have more time I will proabbly convert to AAC and remove ringo.
    I've had 1-2 resets a day- Blazer seems to crash hard fairly often.
    I don't use pxa on the 700
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by ambtreo
    Chatter had a backrgound reset issue with beta 2.01rc11 but Marc has fixed that problem in 2.01rc12. I downloaded the beta upgrade and things are working fine now. I only had 2 resets and I can't be certain that they were caused by Chatter as they happened while I was using Blazer and had Chatter running in the background.
    I did not see that info in the changelog. Also did not see a blatant forum entry for it. Where did you see info about the background reset?
    Last edited by wareynolds; 06/08/2006 at 09:25 AM.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I too get about 10 a day. They are random. Some while using SMS, some using Xiino, some using Blazer. Some after Hotsyncs. Some when I try to answer a call. It seems like more than with the 650. Still happy to have the 700p, and I wouldn't go back, but I wish it wouldn't reset so much.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wareynolds
    Another reset in web. I did have Chatter RC11 Upgrading that right now. Have Ringo, though it is disabled. When I have more time I will proabbly convert to AAC and remove ringo.
    I would get rid of Ringo entirely - that was the source of my 700p resets.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wareynolds
    I did not see that info in the changelog. Also did not see a blatant forum entry for it. Where did you see info about the background reset?
    ChatterEmail BETA Release Notes
    --
    v2.0.1rc12

* Changed "Wait" to "Can't Connect" and added an indication of when Chatter would try again
    * Fixed reset bug related to background operation that was introduced in rc11

Mobile upgrade: Use "Upgrade ChatterEmail" in the ChatterEmail's Sys menu.
    DO NOT INSTALL RINGO!!!!! IT IS A BUGGY...!!!
    DO NOT INSTALL CONTACTS5!!!! IT IS BUGGY TOO....!!!!

Al
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I believe the Treo 700 (and 650 for that matter) are designed to run best in vanilla mode. As soon as you start 'using the Treo' by adding 3rd party apps, it becomes very unstable and resets constantly regardless of clean installs.

There is a small utility called SysInfo that enables you to track resets by day, week or month. It also has some other cool utilities. However, that said, it is yet another 3rd party app and could lead to more resets. I have found SysInfo to be very stable though.

Check it out here: http://www.palmgear.com/?xyz=36679

SMEGGIE