1.    #1  
    I've been doing some research on different bluetooth headsets since my hbh 610 has some compatibility issues with the 700p dropping the connection. I saw this Samsung WEP150 headset and here are the features:

Descriptions:

The Samsung Bluetooth Headset WEP150 is a tiny headset with style that offers excellent functionality.
    It is very light weight, about 0.5 ounces, so you will barely feel it when using it.
    The WEP150 offers a great combination of style and performance. With support for advanced call handling functions such as multiple call and redial functions, the Samsung WEP-150 is the perfect accompaniment to your smartphone.
    Up to 8 hours of talk time and up to 200 hours of standby time
    Adjustable ear hook for placement on either ear
    Call waiting support
    Last number redial
    Call rejection support
    *Automatic reconnection if Bluetooth link is disrupted
    Controls: in microphone, On/Off button, volume button, On/Off colors LED indictor

Battery: rechargeable lithium polymer

Operating distance: 30 feet (10m)

* Automatic reconnection if bluetooth link is disrupted! I'm thinking about giving this headset a shot. Anyone ever try it, even on headsets other than the 700p?
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    If it's great to use outside and in a car, I'm definitely game to try it. I'll check it out on ebay and see the specs. I can easily sell the one I have since it has a lifetime replacement warranty with it from the retailer I bought it from.
  3.    #3  
    I think I'll give it a shot, too. It's only $33 shipped on eBay!

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    From the reviewers on CNET: http://reviews.cnet.com/WEP_150_Blue...html?tag=uolst, it appears to be pretty good. The complaints mainly were due to the size of the ear bud and it fitting properly in your ear, to volume problems if in a noisy environment. For the low price though (between $30-$50), I may get it to test it out. Thanks for the post.
    I'm going to pay a couple of dollars more and order from a US shipper. Not that I don't trust the Hong Kong shippers, but it takes up to two weeks to get.
  6.    #6  

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
  7.    #7  
    I'm torn. This headset has the reconnect feature, but I've been reading about the Plantronics Voyager 510 has a noise reduction feature and from all accounts works well with the 700p. It's competitively priced, too.

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Heres a place that has em for $29 shipped. Don't know them, have never used them.
    http://www.enetshoponline.com/sablwkhe.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    I'm torn. This headset has the reconnect feature, but I've been reading about the Plantronics Voyager 510 has a noise reduction feature and from all accounts works well with the 700p. It's competitively priced, too.
    From ALL accounts and personal experience the 510 does not work with the 700p. The bluetooth connection disappears after about 5-10 minutes. You can re-connect by pushing the call button, but then it disappears after another 5-10 minutes.
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for the info I'm going to do a little more research on this headset. I'm also researching the ones listed on the Palm site as compatible.

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Hey Tone,

Did you get it? I ordered it for $34.98 from someone in the midwest, so I should receive it by Fri/Sat.
  12.    #12  
    Just did! I found a seller in Cali and bought it for $25.98. I contemplated buying the Sprint bluevoice because it's on the list of compatible devices, but the reviews weren't that good. I still may pick one up because there are a few on eBay that are pretty cheap ($10 range). If it doesn't get too high I'll give it a try. When the headset comes in post the results and I'll do the same. You'll probably get yours before I get mine because you're seller is in the midwest.

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Just did! I found a seller in Cali and bought it for $25.98. I contemplated buying the Sprint bluevoice because it's on the list of compatible devices, but the reviews weren't that good. I still may pick one up because there are a few on eBay that are pretty cheap ($10 range). If it doesn't get too high I'll give it a try. When the headset comes in post the results and I'll do the same. You'll probably get yours before I get mine because you're seller is in the midwest.
    Hey man, update on the Bluetooth Headset. It does the same thing the others do. It doesn't reconnect to the Treo 700p as advertised. Kinda disappointed. But, I have someone who like the form and will buy it. Another reason I don't like it: It's designed for someone who wears it in their left ear. Therefore, if you wear it in your right ear, "Samsung" will be upside down, and the volume controls as well. That's minor, but something I noticed for my situation.

Maybe you'll have better success!
    All headsets that I've seen will try to reconnect this is not a Samsung only feature, the problem is that once the bluetooth connection is dropped like that (whatever the cause) usually one or both of the devices will need to be power cycled. It is not a recoverable disconnection, basically the bluetooth subsystem on one or both of the devices hangs unrecoverably. I'm sure there are devices that don't do this at all (based on how the manufacturers have implemented or hacked bluetooth to avoid it) but I've seen this happen with many different phones, Motorolas, Sony Erricssons; and multiple bluetooth headsets, the bluetooth system in a Lexus, etc....

Yes I'm sure there are many that would rush to point out devices where this does not happen often, if at all; but to me the simple fact that I've seen it happen in as many different places as I have suggests that there may be some inherent flaws in the current version of the standard and how manufacturers are allowed to/choose to implement it. Maybe more stringent radio/controller quality standards need to be enforced before a device can be certified as having Bluetooth.

This was happening occasionally and inexplicably with my v600 and Sony Erricsson headset and unfortunately I'm not too surprised to hear that it seems it will continue with my 700p.

If anyone finds a headset where this never happens with the 700p, I'd sure be happy to hear about it.
    I have a Samsung A900 and a Plantronics Voyager 510 and the 510 drops connection occasionally (more than I'd like for it to happen, sometimes even during a call), but pressing the button on the 510 will usually reconnect it.

Before the 510, I had a Nokia HS-26W. Great headset and I would have kept it if it wasn't for the echoing (The volume on the earpiece was too low, so when I turned it up too much, the call recipient would hear an echo.). It would often disconnect, but it would reconnect very quickly. It happened so often that I think it was deliberately "refreshing" or restarting the connection to the phone.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2
    Hey man, update on the Bluetooth Headset. It does the same thing the others do. It doesn't reconnect to the Treo 700p as advertised. Kinda disappointed. But, I have someone who like the form and will buy it. Another reason I don't like it: It's designed for someone who wears it in their left ear. Therefore, if you wear it in your right ear, "Samsung" will be upside down, and the volume controls as well. That's minor, but something I noticed for my situation.

Maybe you'll have better success!
    That's not good! Oh, well. Back to the drawing board. I've read people with the 510 are having success with it after resetting the headset. I'm going to look into that again and see if it's worth it. So far my HBH-610 has been great, dropped connection nothwithstanding. I'm just more attentive now to ensure the phone and headset are still connected before making a call. Answering isn't a big deal because even if the connection is dropped, it reconnects after about 2 seconds.

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    That's not good! Oh, well. Back to the drawing board. I've read people with the 510 are having success with it after resetting the headset. I'm going to look into that again and see if it's worth it. So far my HBH-610 has been great, dropped connection nothwithstanding. I'm just more attentive now to ensure the phone and headset are still connected before making a call. Answering isn't a big deal because even if the connection is dropped, it reconnects after about 2 seconds.
    Well keep me posted on what you decide. I have the 610 as well and really like it and don't want to change it. I hope a Palm update is coming soon to solve this issue.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2
    Well keep me posted on what you decide. I have the 610 as well and really like it and don't want to change it. I hope a Palm update is coming soon to solve this issue.
    Will do. I probably won't even get my Samsung headset until some time next week at the earliest. It appears the seller in California really doesn't have any stock in the US, but in "another country". I'm not happy about that at all! Whenever it arrives I'll post my results. I doubt they'll be any different than yours, though.

I'm with you. I really don't want to switch from the 610. It's the best headset I've had outside of the HBH-300 which, although great, was too big to carry or even wear for an extended period of time. Hopefully an update will correct the BT problems we've been experiencing.

Baby girl due 5/22/08!