1.    #1  
    Hello

I cant get the voice memo application to work.

It tells me the following "the application cannot launch becasue it is missing localization information"

any clue anyone??
    I had the same issue the first time I ran the app but it since has gone away. I now get an error ever time I hotsync that says voice memo didn't hotsync and that the databases are not the same on the palm and the PC. Some real issues here.
    700pInIt
    Palm Pro > Plam VII > m130 > T3 > T5 > LifeDrive > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > 700w
    Holly crap who knew these Treo thingys were so cool!
    The Voice Memo app sounds like crap. Use SoundRec instead for decent audio quality.
    This pain is if I don't set the voice memo to conduit to do nothing I get the error log. I know just set it to do nothing but when you pay $600 for somrthing it should just work. I guess I am just a COD SOB (compulsive obsesive disorder SOB) when it comes to stuff like that.
    700pInIt
    Quote Originally Posted by 700pInIt
    This pain is if I don't set the voice memo to conduit to do nothing I get the error log. I know just set it to do nothing but when you pay $600 for somrthing it should just work. I guess I am just a COD SOB (compulsive obsesive disorder SOB) when it comes to stuff like that.
    700pInIt
    I should take a typing class I guess sorry for the great spelling.
    Quote Originally Posted by 700pInIt
    I now get an error ever time I hotsync that says voice memo didn't hotsync and that the databases are not the same on the palm and the PC. Some real issues here.
    Same thing with me...done lots of Googling and reading the Palm support site but nothing helpful. Just can't get a sync of the Voice Memo to work, no matter what conduit setting is chosen.
    Originally Posted by 700pInIt
    I now get an error ever time I hotsync that says voice memo didn't hotsync and that the databases are not the same on the palm and the PC. Some real issues here.

Still no fix here...anyone else? Been a month since anyone discussed it here.
    I gave up on it. But it is a PALM issue as I have now had 4 700p all with the same issue. I just set the conduit to do nothing.
    700pInIt
    This link explains a lot about the voice memo app and might help debug the problem on the 700p

http://www.scss.com.au/family/andrew...forgottenapps/
    Palm Pre and a nice collection of Treos: 755p, 700, 650, 600, 300 and Palm Pilots, Visors, and Sony Clie
    Just made the move from 600 to 700p. Migration went well. I've got the same Voice memo HotSync issue. It happened after making a voice memo and then synching. If I sync with "Mac overwrites handheld" there's no error, but "Synchronize" or "Handheld overwrites Mac" results in the same error. I guess no solutions yet? I guess I'll set it to do nada.

Voice Memo conduit cannot synchronize with the Voice Memo database on the Handheld, because the version of the database on the Handheld or the desktop does not match that expected by the Voice Memo conduit.
    Voice Memo synchronization failed
    “Voice Memo” failed (error = #-1)
    Bo Meyer
    Visor 90 --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 700p
    Mac OS X
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Once again, Palm screws the mac community (or is this voice memo conduit sync problem a PC issue as well?) A simple attempted sync would've revealed the problem...How do I sync my voice memos then?!

How irritating...I really need voice memo...

Voice Memo conduit cannot synchronize with the Voice Memo database on the Handheld, because the version of the database on the Handheld or the desktop does not match that expected by the Voice Memo conduit.
    I've only briefly looked at it, but as I recall, it's crap. Especially since it records in a proprietary (for example, non .wav) format that only Palm users can listen to.

There's a new ToySoft program I've been playing with. Not sure if it's worth $10 at this point, but it looks useful: Record voicemail on the fly in .wav, and then one-button-send to anyone's e-mail. Faster/safer than tapping out a message at times when walking down the street or in the car, etc.

I use Audacity, though it's been skipping since I made the move to the 700p. Was a great program, before.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kidtreo View Post
    Once again, Palm screws the mac community (or is this voice memo conduit sync problem a PC issue as well?) A simple attempted sync would've revealed the problem...How do I sync my voice memos then?!

How irritating...I really need voice memo...

You really should try soundrec i tried using the treo 700p to record something the other day and I realized how bad it was. I had used soundrec on the 650 before but I decided not to load it on the 700p because it came with one. After realizing that i needed it(soundrec), I downloaded it again. It's free and it's way better. You have a lot more control over the settings
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
    Quote Originally Posted by CheckPt.Charlie View Post
    I've only briefly looked at it, but as I recall, it's crap. Especially since it records in a proprietary (for example, non .wav) format that only Palm users can listen to.

There's a new ToySoft program I've been playing with. Not sure if it's worth $10 at this point, but it looks useful: Record voicemail on the fly in .wav, and then one-button-send to anyone's e-mail. Faster/safer than tapping out a message at times when walking down the street or in the car, etc.

I use Audacity, though it's been skipping since I made the move to the 700p. Was a great program, before.
    Audacity still is a great program. You have a bad SD Card. You can test it by recording to Internal memory. If that works, you can be pretty certain that your SD Card is writing too slowly. You could also record in one of the Audacity compressed formats. They don't write nearly as much data and the card can keep up better.
    Palm rep told me that there was no way to sync Voice Memo to Mac; said also that they were trying to make it work. I do not know if this is just Paml/Mac issue or also on the dark side.

Sync well, all.

David
    I don't think it's a Mac thing only - I experience the same problem on Windows. Still hoping to get solution, but it sounds like it's not only the 680 that has the problem.