Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have a Plantronics Voyager 510. I'm using it with the Treo 700p. Everything works fine when both are powered on. The Treo has a light blue Headset icon on it (instead of the normal Bluetooth Icon), showing that it is connected to the 510.

When a phone call is made, the headset icon turns dark blue and sound comes out of the 510.

This seems to work like on the 510, aside from the new icons on the Treo 700p.

The difference is that every so often... 5-10 minutes or so, the Treo disconnects from the 510 (or vise versa). Not sure why. The light blue headset icon changes back to the regular bluetooth icon. In this state, sound from phone calls won't go to the 510.

I can press the button on the 510 to reconnect it to the Treo, and all is well again.

Anyway.. My question... Do all Bluetooth headsets function this way with the Treo 700p or are there others who stay connected all the time just like the Treo 650?
    Exactly the same problem with my 510 here - exactly. I tried a Jabra bt500 and it does not loose connection. Think hte 510 will go on ebay, unfortunatly because I loved it...
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I have the same issue, palm has listed the 510 as not compatable with the 700p.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  4.    #4  
    Yeah..so the question is... Will Palm fix bluetooth on the Treo 700p anytime soon?

I think I bought around 10 different headsets for the Treo 650, until they made a bunch of fixes on the 650.
    I seem to be having the same problem with the Plantronics Discovery 640. Can't figure out why it's doing it. It gets annoying when you get a call and have to press the button to activate it. I hear the Moto H3 works really well with the 700p. J&R here in NYC has it for 49.00 so I may try it.
    life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    My problem is even worse, it won't even sense my Sony HBH-662. The device is listed as currently not supported on Palm's 700p BT compatable webpage (the page shows which devices the 700p currently does and does not support.) What makes me so angry, the 700w and the 650 support the headset. It even worked with my bloody Moto V710! The hbh-662 has built in caller id, which is nice as when I'm in my car working, my phone is sometimes in the briefcase or the fact I can only hear it rining and can't find it! It is also sleek and unique, it isn't that ugly moto that EVERYONE on earth seems to have. People always ask me where I got the headset.

Any of you know if this was the case with the 700w or 650? (that many devices were unsupported until there was an update) Calling Palm is worthless, makes me want to take the device back. It seems they are close to going under being they can't even afford a toll free number for support, much less support in general. They transfered me to VZW everytime. Like they have a clue. With the slow updates and no support, I don't see them hanging around too many more years... and I prefer palm over windows devices. Sad.

treo 700p BT compatbility site
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    My Scala 500 seems to work better with the 700 than it did with the 650 with one exception. After a few minutes idle time, the Scala does not pick up the next call. But on subsequent calls, it starts its alert tone before the phone even starts the ringtone.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Evo
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    using the Treo 700 it seems to drop connection. the weird thing is I can use the headset to redial but it wont pick up until after a soft reset (still my favorite app). I am using the Treo headset...because all the others suck on the Treo.
    I posted on this in another bluetooth thread. My HBH-610a has the same problem. It isn't listed on Palms site. I may need to sell it to a friend & get one that definitely works.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor
    using the Treo 700 it seems to drop connection. the weird thing is I can use the headset to redial but it wont pick up until after a soft reset (still my favorite app). I am using the Treo headset...because all the others suck on the Treo.
    I'm using the Treo headset as well. After some experimentation, I've found that if I turn off Bluetooth on the 700p, then turn Bluetooth back on, I get the light blue "headset connected" icon, but when I make or receive a call, sound does not actually route to the headset, and the icon doesn't turn into the dark blue "headset receiving sound" icon. Like you, I can actually use the headset to redial, but even then the sound doesn't come through.

However, if I leave bluetooth on all the time, I don't have this problem, even if I turn the headset on and off, or get out of its range, etc.

If other people are experiencing this behavior consistently, I think it merits inclusion in the "official" bug list.
    Have any of you been using or tried to use the DUN Hack that has been posted on this board?

I have determined that the hack definitely interferes with the use of hte bT headset. So much so, that i've delted the file from my RAM, and will store it on the SD card, so that when i need it, i can copy it over, but most of the time, its not there.

I have purchased the Nokia BH900 - this thing works beautifully. I had the plantronics 640, and had hte same problems described above. It just wouldn't stay connected. The Nokia has no such problems, and it stays conneceted all day (as long as i don't walk out of range). If i do walk out of range, i have to push teh connect button to reconnect them, but that's not too big a deal.
    I had a similar problem with my Motorola H300 - In "standby" it would disconnect and power off after about 10 min. I removed the battery from the H300, reinserted, and set up the device again, cycled BT on the 700p (on-off-on) and now it seems to stay connected, though overnight, it seems to disconnect (and when this happens, the H300 powers off). Not a big deal, if anything it saves battery.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Cowbean, I have the exact same issue you and others describe.

Funny, but on the Palm website where it lists which headsets are supported mine is listed on the supported list and also on the unsupported list! WTF? Maybe it is supported only half the time (It is the Sony Ericson HBH 660)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhasty
    My Scala 500 seems to work better with the 700 than it did with the 650 with one exception. After a few minutes idle time, the Scala does not pick up the next call. But on subsequent calls, it starts its alert tone before the phone even starts the ringtone.
    Same experience with my Scala 500, it has a fast connection when the light blue headset icon is on, but every 5 to 10 minutes it loses connection, but then reconnects whenever it feels like. Has anybody conntact Palm about this?

Al
    My JX10 seems to be working just fine with BT. I haven't noticed any problems.
    Sony Ericsson HBH-300 doing the same - disconnecting after a period of time. When the next call comes in, the headset does not connect and has to be connected manually. It worked perfectly on my 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJack
    Sony Ericsson HBH-300 doing the same - disconnecting after a period of time. When the next call comes in, the headset does not connect and has to be connected manually. It worked perfectly on my 650.
    Same here with an HBH-660. What I want to know is why in the hell can't Palm make a Bluetooth stack that isn't garbage. I mean this is the second go round we've had with sub par Bluetooth, and frankly it's a little ridiculous.
    I contact them here. Please do so:
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/conta...l_support.html

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    I contact them here. Please do so:
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/conta...l_support.html

Al
    Lets get the emails rollin guys. It'll get the issue solved quicker.
    My Sprint and JX10 don't work well - they loose the connection - also, when I goto Bluetooth settings, it shows off - is there a trick to keeping it on?

Thanks!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast