Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RickTreo650
    I just returned my JX10 to Best Buy for a new one. The sales guy told me that they have had a handful of bad units in their last shipment and suggested that I try another before giving up on the JX10. I'm charging the new one now. I sure hope the new one works as I really like the form factor of the JX10. Paid a whopping 178.00 for it. ouch.
    Best Buy 30 day return policy --> buy online for less than $90.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I have also emailed Palm with the same issue. I have found that I have to leave the BT on my phone "on". If I turn it off, I loose the pairing. If I just turn the phone off, but leave BT alone, I don't have an issue. Also, I can turn my JX10 off and on and not lose the pairing. I guess for the time being I'll just leave BT on when I know I'm going to need the headset.

Not really a very satisfying fix for a device that costs this much. Having read a lot of posts, it seems that the 650 also had issues with BT in the beginning. So, my question is, what are Sprint (and other carriers) testing before they release these phones? The devices obviously have multiple issues.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Here is the response I got from Palm.

-----------------------------------------------

Dear Mike:

Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support. My name is Krian and I understand that you are having troubles establishing a proper connection between your Treo™ 700p device and Jabra JX10 Bluetooth® headset (second Bluetooth headset device). Both of your headsets is properly paired but upon turning off your Bluetooth from the Palm device and turning it on again, the headsets are detected but you were unable to hear on the other end. However, if you turn of the headset and turn it on again, you never encountered this issue. We are very much concerned on your experience regarding this matter. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this matter has been giving you. I know how important this is to you and will be providing you with an appropriate resolution.

Mike, it is possible that there is a third-party application or a corrupted Palm file/files that is installed on your Palm device that affects the functionality of the two devices. To resolve your issue, I recommend that you perform a soft reset on your Treo device and try using the Bluetooth headsets again. However, if the issue persists please create a backup copy of your data and proceed in performing a hard reset. After performing the hard reset, try pairing again your Bluetooth headsets on its factory state. Please follow the troubleshooting steps that I will be providing you below.

A Soft Reset will restart your Treo Smartphone. This comes in handy if your device freezes, crashes, shows an error message, or exhibits unexpected behavior. This type of reset does not delete your personal data or the applications you've added. Please do the following.

Turn off the screen of your Smartphone and wait a few seconds¹.
    Take off the battery cover.
    Using the tip of the stylus, depress the RESET button and release.

Alternate method: If your stylus is not handy, or you prefer this quick and easy method, here is another way to perform a soft reset. The effect is the same as above.

If charging, disconnect your Smartphone from its charger.
    Turn off the screen of your Smartphone and wait a few seconds¹.
    Take off the battery cover, and then remove the battery for approximately one second.
    Re-insert the battery and replace the cover.

Try pairing again your Bluetooth headsets after a soft reset. If the issue persists, please proceed in performing a hard reset. A Hard Reset will erase everything on your device. All your data will be removed, and formats, preferences and other settings are restored to their factory default settings. Don't perform a Hard Reset unless you've backed up your data, or you're willing to lose everything. I have also provided the instructions below on how you could retrieve your data after performing Hard Reset.

Perform a HotSync® operation before proceeding, as hard reset involves erasing all data on the handheld. If you are unable to establish a HotSync connection, make a backup copy of any User information on your computer instead.

Double-click 'My Computer' on the Microsoft® Windows® Desktop and open the C: Drive.
    Open the 'Palm' or 'Pilot' folder. If you have a newly installed copy of Palm™ Desktop 4.1, the Palm folder is located under C:\Program Files.
    Right-click the User folder and select Copy. The User folder is a truncated version of your User name.
    Minimize the current open windows.
    Right-click an empty location of your Windows Desktop and select Paste.

You should now see a backup copy of your User folder on the desktop. If you do not see a backup, please repeat steps one through five until the backup is visible. If you have more than one handheld user synchronizing their information using the same computer, repeat steps one through five for each user. After making backing up your data, you are now ready to perform a hard reset. Please note that performing this reset will default everything to the factory setting.

Gently remove the back cover of the Treo 700p so that you can see the reset hole at the left side of the battery.
    Press and hold the red button on the keypad
    While holding the red button, tap the reset hole at the back using the stylus.
    When the Access Powered™ screen release the red button.
    A message should appear on the phone screen asking if you want to 'Erase all data?'.
    Press the UP on the 5-way navigation control to verify you wish to erase all data. If you’d rather abort the hard reset and return to normal operation, press DOWN instead.
    A successful hard reset is indicated by another Access Powered screen followed by the Palm logo.
    Choose the language of the phone and follow the screen instructions.

Try pairing your Palm device and Bluetooth headsets on its factory state for a day or two. Please observe if your issue is resolved. If the issue no longer exists, you are now ready to retrieve your backup data by performing a HotSync operation with the computer. To restore the data to your handheld after performing a hard reset, please perform a HotSync operation using ‘Desktop Overwrites Handheld for the conduit action(s) except for Install, Install service templates system, and Install to card.

‘Desktop Overwrites Handheld’ uses the information on your desktop computer to replace any information on your handheld. Typically, this option is used in restoring lost information to a handheld.

To change the conduit setting, please copy and paste the address below into your web browser:

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=64,E=0000000000145697964,K=2475,Sxi=1,Case=obj(26460)

Mike, we want to make sure that your issue is resolved. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again. You can also find more information about Palm products, including troubleshooting articles and frequently asked questions at:

http://www.palm.com/us/support

A Customer Satisfaction Survey will be emailed to you shortly. We hope you will take the time to provide us with feedback about your support experience as it will help us in our effort to continually improve our services.

Thank you for choosing Palm.

Sincerely,

Krian

Palm Technical Support

No written advice or information sent to you by Palm may be resent, distributed or posted on any media accessible to the public (including, but not limited to, any Internet site or bulletin board) without Palm's prior written consent.

While every effort has been made to ensure the advice or information provided to you by our Technical Support Center is correct at the time of transmission, Palm does not accept any responsibility for errors or omissions. Any advice or information provided by Palm to you via any form of communication is not a guarantee that it will correct your problem; it is only offered as assistance to you. You are advised to back up all data stored on your product on a regular basis and always before changing software configuration or, when possible, before sending the product for repair. Palm will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, faults, loss of data or other reactions suffered as a result of advice or information supplied.
    What about this part?
    No written advice or information sent to you by Palm may be resent, distributed or posted on any media accessible to the public (including, but not limited to, any Internet site or bulletin board) without Palm's prior written consent.
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    I have the same issue, palm has listed the 510 as not compatable with the 700p.
    Are there ANY other cellphones that have a list of incompatible BT headsets? I've never heard of such a thing. This is totally absurd! BT is BT - it should work! Especially since we're talking about basic headsets rather than car connection kits, laptop connections, etc. (although those should all work too)

As I said on another thread, the flaky BT implementation of this phone negates every advantage (and right now there are very few to speak of) of the 700p over the 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowbean
    I'm using the Treo headset as well. After some experimentation, I've found that if I turn off Bluetooth on the 700p, then turn Bluetooth back on, I get the light blue "headset connected" icon, but when I make or receive a call, sound does not actually route to the headset, and the icon doesn't turn into the dark blue "headset receiving sound" icon. Like you, I can actually use the headset to redial, but even then the sound doesn't come through.

However, if I leave bluetooth on all the time, I don't have this problem, even if I turn the headset on and off, or get out of its range, etc.

If other people are experiencing this behavior consistently, I think it merits inclusion in the "official" bug list.
    I was having this problem also, but solved it with a system reset then a soft reset. This has occured only once and I'm guessing its because of the timming of both my headset and handsfree were both trying to connect at the same time. With the 650 I had to turn bluetooth on and off to switch connections but with the 700p its automatic. If I turn off my headset, it would switch to the handsfree and vice versa, but I can only turn the handsfree off by shutting down the car. I have a 2005 Prius.
    There is a thread about the 700p BT problems on Palm's own support forum. It would help if EVERYONE here went and posted their .02 just to let them know there are a lot of pissed off people who demand help.

Here is the link:
    http://forums.palm.com/pe/action/for...ostID=20303046
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    The Treo 700p (not sure bout 650) bluetooth is set to "Hidden" by default. I set mine to "Visible" and my Plantronics 640 rarely disconnects now. Hopefully this works for most of you too.
    Is there a downside to making your phone constantly visible? Any security issues? Any possibility of someone else clandestinely making calls, or connecting their laptop through your phone?
    I think setting it to "visible" helps it a little but I don't think theres a security risk since your phone will always ask you if someones trying to connect to your phone. But either way, read my post below on how I fixed my disconnect issue and my pref is now set to "hidden".
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ixed+bluetooth
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    I think setting it to "visible" helps it a little but I don't think theres a security risk since your phone will always ask you if someones trying to connect to your phone. But either way, read my post below on how I fixed my disconnect issue and my pref is now set to "hidden".
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ixed+bluetooth
    There is indeed a security risk to making your phone visible. Check this out:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=118152
    I am experiencing the same problem as Cowbean using the Motorola H700. When I turn bluetooth off on the phone, then turn it back on I can no longer hear anything using my headset even though it shows as being connected (blue headphone icon). I have to soft reset the 700p in order to get it working again. So now I just keep bluetooth running all the time.
    VZW 600 --> VZW 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by vRob
    I am experiencing the same problem as Cowbean using the Motorola H700. When I turn bluetooth off on the phone, then turn it back on I can no longer hear anything using my headset even though it shows as being connected (blue headphone icon). I have to soft reset the 700p in order to get it working again. So now I just keep bluetooth running all the time.
    I had this issue before after pairing my Plantronics 640 and then my Treo headset. I had to do a hard reset and restored from a known good backup.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I have a Plantronics 640 and called Tech Support tonight. After being persistent and escalating through three agents, I found out Palm and Plantronics are aware of the problem and working on a fix. They recommended using a corded headset in the meantime...
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm tree
    I have a Plantronics 640 and called Tech Support tonight. After being persistent and escalating through three agents, I found out Palm and Plantronics are aware of the problem and working on a fix. They recommended using a corded headset in the meantime...
    I sure hope that means problems with the 510 will be fixed too! I love the 510!

I also hope that they issue the fix as soon as it is ready, rather than waiting for a bunch of things to be fixed and issuing a big rolled up update.
    Quote Originally Posted by uscpsycho
    I sure hope that means problems with the 510 will be fixed too! I love the 510!

I also hope that they issue the fix as soon as it is ready, rather than waiting for a bunch of things to be fixed and issuing a big rolled up update.
    I just got off the phone with Plantronics and they confirmed to me that they are aware of the problem and are working with Palm. They said they are fixing the 510 but there is no ETA (I didn't ask about anything else because I have a 510).

Interestingly, yesterday I spoke to the rudest tech support person working at Sprint. She said that as long as the phone pairs with the headset then the bluetooth is working fine and that the problem is with the headset (never mind that the 510 works just fine with the 650 and just about any other phone). She claimed there are no problems with bluetooth on the 700p. Whatever.
    Last edited by uscpsycho; 06/22/2006 at 01:59 PM.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Interestingly, yesterday I spoke to the rudest tech support person working at Sprint. She said that as long as the phone pairs with the headset then the bluetooth is working fine and that the problem is with the headset (never mind that the 510 works just fine with the 650 and just about any other phone). She claimed there are no problems with bluetooth on the 700p. Whatever.

She wasn't just rude, she was an *****.
    Not only am I having problems with my Plantronics 640 but my Motorola H3 is causing my 700p to re-boot when I try to re-establish the link to the phone. Happens every time. This really stinks. I have about 150 dollars worth of useless BT technology in my desk drawer. Palm has the gets its act together and find a workable solution asap.
    life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...
    Quote Originally Posted by luckiweeman
    Not only am I having problems with my Plantronics 640 but my Motorola H3 is causing my 700p to re-boot when I try to re-establish the link to the phone. Happens every time. This really stinks. I have about 150 dollars worth of useless BT technology in my desk drawer. Palm has the gets its act together and find a workable solution asap.
    Have you tried ##377# after the resets to see what the cause is? I'm experimenting with the Moto H700 today and while it is rock solid with this phones I've had a couple of resets that I suspect are related to this headset. My error says that the restart happened while running "<unknown application>": Fatal Exception

Can you check yours and let us know what your phone reports? You can enter the code anytime, it doesn't have to be right after the reset (in case you've never used it).
    Have you tried ##377# after the resets to see what the cause is? I'm experimenting with the Moto H700 today and while it is rock solid with this phones I've had a couple of resets that I suspect are related to this headset. My error says that the restart happened while running "<unknown application>": Fatal Exception

Can you check yours and let us know what your phone reports? You can enter the code anytime, it doesn't have to be right after the reset (in case you've never used it).

I get the same exact error you are getting. Nothing really concrete.
    life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...
    how's the h700? is it loud? any complaints from other party? sorry to be off topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast