Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    I contact them here. Please do so:
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/conta...l_support.html

Al
    Sent.
    Same here for Plantronics 640. I wonder if the 645 is okay with the 700p. My bro has the JX10 and he doesn't have a problem. Okay Palm, come out with the rom update sooner rather than later, thank you.
    Plantronics 645 does the same thing. Sometimes it connects and sometimes it does not. Frustrating!!!!!
  4.    #24  
    I sent an email to Palm support about this. I even included a link to this thread.

They had 2 answers...
    1. My headphone is not supported. (So I refered them to people on this thread who had supported headphones that weren't working correctly).
    2. The second person said I should hard reset my device and try re-pairing. Hmmm.. The device is only a couple of days old. I shouldn't have to do that, should I???

Lame........

I like palm's disclaimer that you can't copy information from their tech support into a forum or blog or something.... nice.. so they think they can give you poor support and you can't tell anyone.
  5. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sarantis
    Same here for Plantronics 640. I wonder if the 645 is okay with the 700p. My bro has the JX10 and he doesn't have a problem. Okay Palm, come out with the rom update sooner rather than later, thank you.
    I just made the same discovery yesterday. I can't believe that after spending $650 I now have to replace my $100 headset. How many Treo versions do they have to release before they get it right?
    We gotta start putting the pressure on. At the very least lets find an answer to why this is happening. Anyone care to look at the BT stack? I dont even really know what a BT stack is.
    Quote Originally Posted by hub
    I just made the same discovery yesterday. I can't believe that after spending $650 I now have to replace my $100 headset. How many Treo versions do they have to release before they get it right?
    It's absolutely insane that you can get a good bluetooth implementation on a 50 dollar flip phone, but on a 650 dollar "smart" phone, you get horrible half baked bluetooth support.
    I get the same BT connection problem as the rest of you. I hardly use my JX-10 headset now because of this annoying issue and I'm now going back to my wired headsets since I know my incoming and outgoing calls will always go through the ear piece. Palm better fix this problem asap before my JX-10 gets totally covered with dust.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cowbean
    I'm using the Treo headset as well. After some experimentation, I've found that if I turn off Bluetooth on the 700p, then turn Bluetooth back on, I get the light blue "headset connected" icon, but when I make or receive a call, sound does not actually route to the headset, and the icon doesn't turn into the dark blue "headset receiving sound" icon. Like you, I can actually use the headset to redial, but even then the sound doesn't come through.
    After you pair the headset, do a soft-reset of the Treo. That sorted it out for me, with the Treo headset. Try unpairing (deleting from "trusted devices") then re-adding. And then soft-resetting. You should only have to do this once.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by rezdog
    It's absolutely insane that you can get a good bluetooth implementation on a 50 dollar flip phone, but on a 650 dollar "smart" phone, you get horrible half baked bluetooth support.
    I agree. Besides.. they had all the problems with the Bluetooth on the Treo 650. It took them like 6 months to fix them. Sheesh.... Then 700p comes out and Bluetooth stinks...starting over from scratch.

The question is... do you try ever bluetooth headset available and find one that works with the funky Bluetooth on the Treo 700, or do you wait until everyone else does?

Or do you wait 6 months and hopefully they'll fix the 700.
    The Treo 700p (not sure bout 650) bluetooth is set to "Hidden" by default. I set mine to "Visible" and my Plantronics 640 rarely disconnects now. Hopefully this works for most of you too.
    Just wanted to add my vote of confidence in my new Plantronics 645. I paired it just fine with the Treo 700P and it worked great until I powered down the headset.

After powering on the headset it could no longer was connect to the 700P. I did the soft reset routine (pulling the battery cover off and pressing the reset button) and voila, the headset has worked ever since.

I should also add another vote to the "change the default 700P Bluetooth settings to 'visible'" as well...I've left it that way and it may also be a key to getting some of these headsets to "stay" working.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Same experience with my Scala 500, it has a fast connection when the light blue headset icon is on, but every 5 to 10 minutes it loses connection, but then reconnects whenever it feels like. Has anybody conntact Palm about this?

Al

x3, my scala 500 works WAAAAY better on my 700 than my 650. Range still sucks BIG TIME
    yes this bluetooth issue is really frustrating,it's like having a car with three tires instead of four.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabulas
    x3, my scala 500 works WAAAAY better on my 700 than my 650. Range still sucks BIG TIME
    I do find that my Scala 500 does work better with my 700 than it did with my 650, but with the following exceptions:

1) the disconnect referred to in the previous posts

2) Initial volume issue. When I receive a call the volume is very low for the first 5 seconds or so, and then adjusts to normal. I found that I can "force" the volume to normal by toggling the volume up and down, should I not want to wait the 5 seconds or so.

Anyone else experience the volume issue?
    I have had similar issues with Plantronics 510 on 700w. I typically only use headset in my car, and turn headset off other times. When I get back in my car and power on headset I have a 50/50 chance of it connecting. otherwise I must power off bluetooth radio on phone and start over. Vwery frustrating. relieved to know not just a 700w problem.
    My HBH-660 has been flawless. Caller ID works, it connects immediately and has stayed connected. It sounds clearer and louder that on the 650 and the range is incredible: 30'+. I noticed that when the phone and headset are out of range from the other that I have to press the button to reconnect. Other than that...flawless thus far.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
    I just returned my JX10 to Best Buy for a new one. The sales guy told me that they have had a handful of bad units in their last shipment and suggested that I try another before giving up on the JX10. I'm charging the new one now. I sure hope the new one works as I really like the form factor of the JX10. Paid a whopping 178.00 for it. ouch.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cowbean
    I'm using the Treo headset as well. After some experimentation, I've found that if I turn off Bluetooth on the 700p, then turn Bluetooth back on, I get the light blue "headset connected" icon, but when I make or receive a call, sound does not actually route to the headset, and the icon doesn't turn into the dark blue "headset receiving sound" icon. Like you, I can actually use the headset to redial, but even then the sound doesn't come through.
    I'm experience the lack of sound on my Discovery 640. I hear the beep signaling an incoming phone call, but when I try to answer it the sound is still coming through the phone, not my headset. AND - the constant disconnecting really sucks! The box for this Plantronics headset says, "Works With All Bluetooth Phones".... Really? I guess they don't consider the 700P a phone.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Ok, I'm having a slightly different problem. See if you guys are experiencing the same problem.

If I'm on a call using my Jabra BT500 and then drop the Bluetooth connection to talk directly through the Treo handset, I become unable to adjust the volume! Even if I disconnect the call and place a second call, the volume remains stuck!

Are you guys seeing the same thing? Give it a try and please report back.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast