Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #2  
    "My brain hurts."

    Mr. Gumby.
  2. #3  
    So the SAR is high for Treos and a bunch of other phones. Big deal. These numbers are meaningless because this no definitive proof of health effects from cellphone exposure (i.e. non-ionizing RF).
  3. #4  
    I don't know about health effects, but I got so pissed off at my 650 today for causing such annoying interference with my computer's speakers that I flung it across a table to a distance beyond which it would annoy me. It would be nice if GSM wasn't so prone to this.
  4. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw
    I don't know about health effects, but I got so pissed off at my 650 today for causing such annoying interference with my computer's speakers that I flung it across a table to a distance beyond which it would annoy me. It would be nice if GSM wasn't so prone to this.
    Tell me about it. It's embarassing when I am on my desk phone with a client and my phone makes my desk phone make strange noises. That's one reason I am glad I switched to Sprint...that noise is now gone
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  5. #6  
    So what does this mean, I mean compared with all the other microwave radiation bouncing around from every other thing in the world. I am probably more likely to die from a run away steamroller going up hill.
    But really, how bad is that by comparison. I have heard of other things like the "policer officer" who rides around with his radar gun on his leg/lap all day kind of stories.
  6. #7  
    Well, the complaint I noted isn't so much a health concern as a practical EFI annoyance. The fact that a signal from the phone interferes with other electronic equipment doesn't necessarily mean it's going to cause a tumor in my head.
  7. #8  
    I keep my Treo 650 in a holster near my crotch area, maybe that explains a few things....hmmmm?
    Last edited by bigthrust; 07/05/2006 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Interesting
  8. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigthrust
    I keep my Treo 650 in a holster near my crotch area, maybe that explains a few things....hmmmm?
    tee hee
    M100, M515, Tungsten E, Treo 600, Treo 650 unlocked GSM; SW 1.20 ENA; FW 1.71 (T-mobile)
  9. #10  
    The Verizon and Sprint 700p phones aren't far behind.

    http://msn-cnet.com.com/4520-6602_7-....html?tag=lnav
  10. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by srlondon
    So the SAR is high for Treos and a bunch of other phones. Big deal. These numbers are meaningless because this no definitive proof of health effects from cellphone exposure (i.e. non-ionizing RF).
    Lack of evidence does not mean there are no health risks to high SAR levels. It just means: nobody has found any yet/no decent tests exist/theres a conspiracy/inconclusive data <--pick one.

    The latest study showed "excitement" of brain cells near where the phone is used. This applies to GSM only and the "excitement" went away after an hour or so. They are looking into long term effects.

    Fact is - we don't know. I, for one, say better safe than sorry. Health is not something you want to be messing around with. SAR levels will be a significant factor in the purchase of my next phone.

Posting Permissions