Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am having a bizarre problem.

outgoing sms works ok. arrive at other phone ina seconds.

incoming sms never arrive.

this has been going on for several days.

anyone else have this issue?
    This is odd. I have been having the same problem with my Sprint 650 all day. I can send messages fine. Incoming messages trip my LED to alert me, and even Butler alerts me too, but I dont get any incoming text.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Are you using ChatterEmail by any chance? I do, and the current beta's (rc9 & rc10) seem to be killing incoming SMS messages. I have reverted to the stable release and my SMS is once again working. I have tested this 3 times, install the beta rc10 and reverting back to the stable release and have been able to reproduce the SMS issue. I have posted this on the ChatterEmail website forum.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
  4.    #4  
    I am using no apps like butler or chattermail.

Weird...
  5.    #5  
    bump...
    I'm having the same problem with my incoming messages.Talked with a sup. he said it's very rare for this to happen.They did a ticket on mine should find out something today.My contacts have been getting my sms though.I've had my 700 for a week and my text has not worked.By the way I'm not using any APPs.
    I'm using chatter beta rc10 and send and receive text messages no problem with my 700p.
    Jimmie Geddes
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfos22
    I'm having the same problem with my incoming messages.Talked with a sup. he said it's very rare for this to happen.They did a ticket on mine should find out something today.My contacts have been getting my sms though.I've had my 700 for a week and my text has not worked.By the way I'm not using any APPs.
    Please let me know if and when this is fixed.
    Hey mike They called me back today.They said now it's a network issue.They said everyone is having sms problems.The sent my ticket to the texting department to do futher research.So maybe I'll know more tomorrow.I'll let you know.
  10.    #10  
    Well, I have the answer...

If you force EVDO mode, you cannot receive SMS.

That is a big issue - and fault in their network/architecture.

If you have it in automatic mode, SMS receive works.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I have the same problem and it is definitely from using chattermail. when it is on and running, no incoming sms texts, but I can still send them out. I used the sprint.com website to send test texts. When I shutdown and disconnect chattermail, the texts go through. I am wondering if chatter can get this fixed.

just checked again with the stable version of chattermail. and i only get texts when it is off and disconnected. this has to be fixed soon or else some will have to decide between receiving email or text messages... and that is a decision most will not want to have to make.
    Last edited by UFGATOR; 06/08/2006 at 02:05 PM.
    Same problem yesterday, I don't use chattermail. I called sprint, they told me SMS is messing up nationwide for sprint. Gave me a SMS credit for the month, and a few hours later I could receive again.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Well, I have the answer...

If you force EVDO mode, you cannot receive SMS.
    If you force EVDO, then all calls also go straight to voicemail. I don't think forcing EVDO is a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by UFGATOR
    I have the same problem and it is definitely from using chattermail. when it is on and running, no incoming sms texts, but I can still send them out. I used the sprint.com website to send test texts. When I shutdown and disconnect chattermail, the texts go through. I am wondering if chatter can get this fixed.

just checked again with the stable version of chattermail. and i only get texts when it is off and disconnected. this has to be fixed soon or else some will have to decide between receiving email or text messages... and that is a decision most will not want to have to make.
    Chatter had a problem that blocked text messages from coming in, the newest beta should fix it.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    are all these sms failures on sprint? Im not gonna get into A vs. B but it could be a network issue instead of your phones
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    If you force EVDO, then all calls also go straight to voicemail. I don't think forcing EVDO is a good idea.

how do you NOT FORCE evdo?
    ~there is no spoon~
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Just leave the phone as is and don't enter the ## codes to force EVDO.
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Any resolution to this? I noticed yesterday that I didnt get any messages in the afternoon... this morning I did a soft reset and I had like 25 messages... Anyone know what the deal is? Is my precious bad?
    same here... seems as though a soft reset did the trick... the thing is, you can't tell when you have sms "backed-up" or "stuck"... not sure if this is a phone issue, or a network issue whereby if you disconnect and reconnect, the network sends the txts out.
    same here..have to soft reset to get them too after i notice somethings up
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast