1.    #1  
    I was just wondering which anti-virus programs you guys were using, if any.......thnx!

-t
    Treo 700p -->> 755p
    For the Treo? Don't waste your money. You're more likely to contract the Hanta virus than something on a Palm device.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    if you want virus protection on your treo, dont let anyone else touch it
  4.    #4  
    What about viruses like Cabir that infect smartphones via a bluetooth connection? Is it still not worth it? I'm new to the Treo, so I'm just wondering (obviously I'm researching as well, but I just wanted to get some Treo veteran opinions!)

-t
    Treo 700p -->> 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo, MD
    What about viruses like Cabir that infect smartphones via a bluetooth connection? Is it still not worth it? I'm new to the Treo, so I'm just wondering (obviously I'm researching as well, but I just wanted to get some Treo veteran opinions!)

-t
    I'd have to look it up to be sure, but AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Cabir$ $is$ $a$ $Symbian$ $virus$. $If$ $you$ $got$ $a$ $Nokia$, $maybe$ $you$ $should$ $worry$....
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I would *highly* recommend the following to avoid a virus on your new Treo:

1) Do not run Internet Explorer on your Treo

2) Do not run the Windows operating system on your Treo (unless of course, you enable the software firewall)

3) Do not open unexpected PRC attachments in your e-mail client

4) Do not accept SD cards from strangers

Finally, if you tend to download and try out Palm applications from random or anonymous websites, then consider something like Symantec's Antivirus for Handhelds.
    Motorola Startac → Samsung SCH-8500 → SonyEricsson T608 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p