Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    I only see PalmOneLiveConnect.exe running as a process. No sign of FileTransfer.exe in that window. Maybe if I reboot?
    Do you have the File Transfer program? You need File Transfer.exe, PalmOneLiveConnect.exe, PalmOneLiveConnectps.dll, and PalmOneRemote.dll in your Palm directory. Just run File Transfer.exe and PalmOne File Tranfer should open in a window.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I'm getting a grey screen that says:

"Your device is not currently available"

To use this application:

1. Make sure the cable is securley attached...(which it is)
    2. Make sure your device is turne don (which it is)
    3. Press the Home button (which I did in the stock launcher and ZLauncher)

It ends by saying that "This software only works with T5 devices"

Any idea what to try next?

I have the four files listed above.
    okay, I see my problem-the file I downloaded from this thread isn't saving to my computer as FileTransfer.exe
    It's saving as an unknown application.

My sprint cd is at work, where I don't plan to be until Monday. Does anyone have the FileTransfer.exe file they could get to me?

Thanks for all of ya'lls help!
    its up there in a zip file posted by me
    Treoing & Loving it
    All I can find in that zip is PalmOneLiveConnect.exe and dll.

The FileTransfer.exe isn't there, at least not where I could see it!!! Clearly, I'm missing something, or I've had too much to drink!
    The zip posted by MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Treoing & Loving it
    gt, when I download your zip, the FileTransfer file unzips as FileTransfer.cnt not exe that's what my problem is!
    <bump>

This is pretty interesting... I wonder why Palm didn't just implement the drive mode feature on the 700p and make it transparent for all users to find and use, instead of making users jump through all these hoops and obstacles to first discover it and then make it work...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I am getting the error Failed to start PalmOneRemoteLibrary initialization also. Does it make a difference if it is palm folder and not palmone? Or does it make a difference if we never installed the program, just copied and pasted?
    OK, here's how i got it to work...
    I only have the treo 700p sprintpcs software installed. I copied all files from the above posts into a folder called c:\prog files\palm\file transfer. I then loaded the filepc2pda.prc into my treo. I then set it to run on port 57600. I then clicked on the pdb.exe and it will connect using port 57600. I ran a regsvr32 on the PalmOneRemote.dll but I don't think that had anything to do with it. So hopefully it will work for you guys. The user interface isn't the most user friendly but it does work.
    I don't get it if you are using filepc2pda why would you want file transfer.exe to work
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    I don't get it if you are using filepc2pda why would you want file transfer.exe to work
    I worked on the above on multiple days, and have forgot some of the details. I guess file transfer and filepc2pda are different programs... My bad... so I guess I can't get file transfer to work, but have filepc2pda to work...

So, has anyone found a way to get file transfer to work with the 700 and where you don't have the life drive?
    again, file tranfer and filepc2pda will do the same job so why do you want both to work? I've been using filepc2pda for a while and I am happy with it.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rican454
    File transfer is the name
    That's logical.
    Quote Originally Posted by doctoss
    I am getting the error Failed to start PalmOneRemoteLibrary initialization also. Does it make a difference if it is palm folder and not palmone? Or does it make a difference if we never installed the program, just copied and pasted?
    I d/ld both zips and had to wade through mutliple folders inside the transfer file to find the EXE. once I did this, I copied ALL the files from BOTH zips to my palmone folder... I get the same error as this guy.

HELP!!!

BTW, I have a verizon treo600

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    again, file tranfer and filepc2pda will do the same job so why do you want both to work? I've been using filepc2pda for a while and I am happy with it.
    Well, I was hoping that file transfer was more user friendly than filepc2pda. The User interface of filepc2pda is a bit cludgy (can't complain since it's freeware). However, if memory serves me right, card export was similiar to looking at a mapped folder. I was thinking that if file transfer was the same, then it might be nice to get a more user friendly app.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Any more success on the file transfer program?
    filepc2pda works very well and is fast and simple to use. Best of all it is free.
    700pInIt
    Palm Pro > Plam VII > m130 > T3 > T5 > LifeDrive > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > 700w
    Holly crap who knew these Treo thingys were so cool!
    This is the most ridiculous thread ive ever seen on this board.

Possible problems I see people having, since it work fine for me:

Unzip all the files! Dont just douple click the exe
    The exe was located in a different folder than the other files, copy all the files to the program files\palm directory and it should run just fine, there are 1 exe file and 3-4 other files you need.

But I really do think this was left over from other peoples treo 600\650\etc install since I have done numerous file searches on my cd and comp and never found this file. Needless to say, the zip has all you need.
    Quote Originally Posted by vflopez
    Smeggie, thanks for putting the files up. Unfortunately, after I copy the two files to my Palm directory, when I try to run File Transfer I get:

"Failed to start PalmOneRemoteLibrary initialization"

This happens on both and XP and a Windows 2000 desktop. Does someone know how to register the dll?
    I was having the same trouble. So I figured maybe the program was looking for the file in the wrong folder. So although I only have a Palm folder for the 700p, I created a new folder /Program Files/PalmOne/ and put only the files associated with this app in it.

Now that error is gone and I am getting the "Your Device Is Not Connected" error in it's place.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast