Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    All I did to get it to work is to put the file_transfer.exe and the PalmOneRemote.dll into C:\Program Files\Palm folder.

I don't know why it's not working for you guys but you might try downloading the zip file posted above and include the other files that live in that folder...

SMEGGIE
    I am the one that posted the zip file and stuff is not wroking for me with either the zip file or your files. Let me ask you this, how are you connecting your device ot the computer (cradle or cable that came with Treo, neither work for me)?
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    I am the one that posted the zip file and stuff is not wroking for me with either the zip file or your files. Let me ask you this, how are you connecting your device ot the computer (cradle or cable that came with Treo, neither work for me)?
    I have mine connected via the USB/Hotsync/Charging cable that came with the 700. I have the power plugged into the hotsync cable and the hotsync cable plugged directly into my laptop's USB port. If you are using a USB hub, you might experience issues.

Hope this helps...

SMEGGIE
    still no dice, oh well i will try again tomorrow
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    If you haven't already done so, install the Palm Files app from the Install CD and then try to use the File Transfer app. I think this may be the hook.

When invoked on my computer, the File Transfer app only gives me access to the card's contents however, since it is a Window's app, it opens an Explorer-type window that enables me to drap and drop files from my computer directly to the card and then move them to the Treo if need be.

So, bottomline: try installing the Files app that comes as part of the Bonus Apps area on the CD and see if that doesn't help.

SMEGGIE
    Last edited by SMEGGIE; 06/07/2006 at 07:53 PM.
    Smeggie, thanks for putting the files up. Unfortunately, after I copy the two files to my Palm directory, when I try to run File Transfer I get:

"Failed to start PalmOneRemoteLibrary initialization"

This happens on both and XP and a Windows 2000 desktop. Does someone know how to register the dll?
    I have this working fine without installing the "files" app.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Yeah, go figure, Jimmie...

I can't understand why some people can do it and some can't. It doesn't make any sense.

@vflopez: you're welcome!! Thanks for thankin' me!!

SMEGGIE
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    @smeggie
    your avatar drives one cray :-((
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by conum
    @smeggie
    Don't look at it...

SMEGGIE
    I get the same message:

"Failed to start PalmOneRemoteLibrary initialization"

I am guessing it has something to do with registering the DLL. I not literate on when/how/if on registering DLLs. Has anyone gotten this to work by downloading the files? If not this might support the theory and we have to get the DLL registered.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE
    Don't look at it...
    SMEGGIE
    No, I will jump all of your the postings
    I think you need the files PalmOneLiveConnect.exe and PalmOneLiveConnectps.dll in the same directory as the File Transfer.exe and PalmOneRemote.dll files to get it to work. When File Transfer.exe is started, PalmOneLiveConnect.exe shows up in the Windows Task Manager so I would guess it's needed to run File Transfer. These files would have been installed in the Palm or PalmOne directory when File Transfer was installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkaj
    I think you need the files PalmOneLiveConnect.exe and PalmOneLiveConnectps.dll in the same directory as the File Transfer.exe and PalmOneRemote.dll files to get it to work. When File Transfer.exe is started, PalmOneLiveConnect.exe shows up in the Windows Task Manager so I would guess it's needed to run File Transfer. These files would have been installed in the Palm or PalmOne directory when File Transfer was installed.
    can you post these files here please
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    @smeggie
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE
    Don't look at it...
    Actually, adblocking is my friend. Makes it easy to individually eliminate those (ahem) "attention grabbing" avatars.

I use Saft for Safari. Adblock for Firefox is good too.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    No, I will jump all of your the postings
    Perfect!! Are you the guy who wrote: "All your base are belong to us?" You seem to have a similar grammatical style.

SMEGGIE
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    can you post these files here please
    Try putting these files in the same directory where the File Transfer.exe file is.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I'm getting the following error: another instance of this application is running.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong???
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    I'm getting the following error: another instance of this application is running.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong???

File Transfer.exe automatically starts PalmOneLiveConnect.exe when it is started. If you check the windows task manager, you should see File Transfer.exe and PalmOneLiveConnect.exe running as processes. You don't need to manually start PalmOneLiveConnect.exe.
    I only see PalmOneLiveConnect.exe running as a process. No sign of FileTransfer.exe in that window. Maybe if I reboot?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast