1.    #1  
    I'm a long time WM user. I started off with the old Compaq Aero's, going all the way to a new iPAQ just a few months ago. The one thing I really liked about WM is the fact that it has a welcome / home page, that when you turn the pda on, presenting you with to do's, appointments, weather, and other handy user customizable information. I feel that this is the only feature that my 700p is lacking. I have set it up so it displays the next appointment in the phone screen, but that really isn't nearly enough. I'm looking for a good application (free or rather cheap) to display a rundown of what needs to be done, maybe with support for other things as well. I'm curious as to what people here have found as a solution to this problem. Thanks.
    Welcome to the PalmOS. I personally think it is a much easier platform to use, and once you get used to it, you will find that the tasks you frequently need are much easier to perform.

That being said, I don't think there is anything exactly as the Today page on the ppc platform. I use initiate and agendus as my laucher/contact manager and agendus to display an agenda view of my upcoming appointments.

I have used FacerPro in the past which has a today screen like interface with plugins. It's not made specifically for a smartphone however (like alot of other launchers).

Initiate ties in application lauching, contact dialing or emailing or sms-ing, lauching bookmarked websites into a really intuitive user interface. I use the minimal screen with a list view and it works great. If i need to see my tasks/appointments, i quickly switch over to agendus and it goes to today type screen with upcoming appts, tasks, weather, etc...

Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Take a look at the family of ShSh Software including 2Day, 4Cast, 2Dial. Excellent support with a forum here. I use 2Day and 4Cast with DateBk5 from Pimlico Software as my main calendar app. ( 2Day can be set up to run Datebk5 on the second press of the Calendar button.) For other stuff like viewing stocks I use Pocket Express 2.0 from Handmark. All have been rock solid for me on the 650 and now on the 700.

Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by zyprexa

I have used FacerPro in the past which has a today screen like interface with plugins. It's not made specifically for a smartphone however (like alot of other launchers).
    Speaking of Facer, Pocket Craft seems to have taken over Today , which was a pretty decent free "Home" screen.

May want to look at that. Less overhead than Facer.

http://www.pocketcraft.com/images/today_front.jpg
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    The new Datebk6 will have a screen like that too... lots of shareware options to choose from!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    The new Datebk6 will have a screen like that too... lots of shareware options to choose from!
    Hi,

You can use 4cast as a plugin for the DateBk6 "Today" screen, as well...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com