1.    #1  
    Does anyone have any "inside" information as to when we might expect beta 2 for PDANet? We're heading out the end of next week on a two week vacation and I sure would like to have that beta before we leave.
  2.    #3  
    Preview Release is now available - http://junefabrics.com/palmnet/index.php. From what I can tell, doesn't look like any discount for existing users. Seems to work great though. I'm going thru Proxy mode only though. I don't want to take any chances in getting any large data use charges. I can get Firefox to work fine, but it doesn't seem to like Thunderbird.
    Last edited by WolfpackFan; 06/06/2006 at 09:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfpackFan
    Preview Release is now available - http://junefabrics.com/palmnet/index.php. From what I can tell, doesn't look like any discount for existing users. Seems to work great though. I'm going thru Proxy mode only though. I don't want to take any chances in getting any large data use charges. I can get Firefox to work fine, but it doesn't seem to like Thunderbird.
    From JuneFabrics purchase page:

The price for a single user license of PdaNet for Treo 700p will be:
    $34 if you have not purchased any versions of PdaNet before.
    $29 for site license (set quantity to 10 or above in next page).
    $29 if you have previously purchased PdaNet for Treo 600.
    $19 if you have previously purchased PdaNet for Treo 650 (limited time offer).
    Quote Originally Posted by frankd1
    From JuneFabrics purchase page:

The price for a single user license of PdaNet for Treo 700p will be:
    $34 if you have not purchased any versions of PdaNet before.
    $29 for site license (set quantity to 10 or above in next page).
    $29 if you have previously purchased PdaNet for Treo 600.
    $19 if you have previously purchased PdaNet for Treo 650 (limited time offer).
    What if you are like most of us that bought both PdeNet for 600 and PdaNet for 650? I already know the answer.
    I haven't tried PDANet, but I've been using USB Modem for about a week. Connects perfectly using USB or Bluetooth, works great with Linux, is available now, and costs much less. What advantages does PDANet have over it? Would it be worth it to switch?
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    And to follow up on clipcarl's post, for Mac users, am I correct that the choice would be between the "hack" and USB Modem, both of which can be used with OS X? And am I correct that the "hack" will allow for Mac BT connection, whereas USB Modem will allow BT OR cable (faster) connection with Mac?

And of course, we'll all be waiting for those first bills to confirm lack of data charge....