1.    #1  
    I have been having weird issues using a new A Data Turbo 150X 4GB SD card with my new Treo 700P. This morning my Tom Tom Navigator said "error, SD card ejected" and I looked on the card and the Tom Tom folder is missing. In addition, I have been having tons of problems with Chatter email where email entries are blank and have time stamp of 12:00. I store all email on the SD card. I am thinking I have a bad card or this card is not fully compatible with the 700P. Anybody else? I need to decided whether to return for same type or try transcend.
    had that problem with the 650 its not the compatability per say it the card speed, 150x is ust too fast for the treo to read. Treo card slot only reads at like 50-60x or somewhere right around there
    anyone else having problems? I just ordered this card last night and will cancel if there is wide range of problems
    i think there are problems reading from a 4GB card. 2GB is the supported limit.
  5.    #5  
    I was told Palm indicates "limited" support of 4GB cards. It definitely can see the card and much of the time it seems fine but these issues keep cropping up and card seems to be at the center of them. Will see how the transcend performs.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    I have the 2Gig Adata 150x card in my 650 and I have no problems. I don't think the 150x speed of the card is the problem. 150x is the maximum speed, not the minimum.

Have you tried cleaning the contacts?? Sometimes the simplest solutions are actually the right one. Worth a try.
    i have the 4 gb card...no issues.
    I have the A-Data 150x 4gb card in my 700p. I was having the same issues with Chatter that you describe. The Author suggested that I upgrade from the stable to the latest Beta. I did that this morning, and haven't had any issues since, but I haven't had much time to play with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ttoppins
    I have been having weird issues using a new A Data Turbo 150X 4GB SD card with my new Treo 700P. This morning my Tom Tom Navigator said "error, SD card ejected" and I looked on the card and the Tom Tom folder is missing. In addition, I have been having tons of problems with Chatter email where email entries are blank and have time stamp of 12:00. I store all email on the SD card. I am thinking I have a bad card or this card is not fully compatible with the 700P. Anybody else? I need to decided whether to return for same type or try transcend.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Same card here....no issues so far.
    Does the new 700p recognize all 4GB of space, or only 2GB ??

Thanks,
    Casey
    Same card, no issues. I was having error reads 1st day as had not formatted the card properly. Once I formatted it, no issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafafoooey
    i think there are problems reading from a 4GB card. 2GB is the supported limit.
    The "stock" 650 can only address 2GB due to the FAT driver on the device (ROM). If you "customize" the ROM (e.g. using ROMTool) with the FAT32 driver, it will address 4GB SD cards. The 700p is supposed to support 4GB out of the box.
    "The heavens declare His righteousness, And all the peoples have seen His glory."<br>e-sword
    Might be better to format the card from the 700p rather than from an SD card reader on Windows.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    Might be better to format the card from the 700p rather than from an SD card reader on Windows.
    Yeah, that's what I did....no troubles so far.
  15.    #15  
    will try format from treo and see what happens. thanks for the suggestion.
  16. ajs
    ive had the same problem with the tomtom sd card, the tomtom sd card had been ejected then was placed back into my palm and the message 'tomtom sd card ejected! #2' i wondered if anyone could help me. i have backed the sd card up, put the tomtom applications back onto the sd card tried it but the message still keeps comin up!

please help!!!
    My Adata 4g card stopped working completely. First symptoms were that the 700p would hang when deleting files. Now can't mount at all. Should have reformatted while I could have done it. It's going back to NewEgg for replacement.

Is anyone here that is having problems (or not having problems) using a SanDisk card reader? I wonder if that might need a firmware upgrade for 4g sd?

When Softick Card Export is compatible, I'm thinking about giving that a try.
    FWIW, I had a problem with my Adata 4GB card. For some reason, while copying something to the card, the T700p would just lock up. I could eject the card and soft reset and everything would be fine until I reinserted the card. I went to my PC and put the card in the reader. The PC said the card was unformatted. I tried to format it but received an error. However, the PC did not complain about the card being unformatted anymore. I put the card back in the T700p and it did not cause a lock up. I reformatted the card with the T700p and so far, no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Does the new 700p recognize all 4GB of space, or only 2GB ??

Thanks,
    Casey
    Same card here with no issues to date and it recognizes 3.8GB