1.    #1  
    Hello:

I'm having an issue with alerts like birthdays or holidays coming on in the middle of the night around midnight. Needless to say, my wife is not happy with this and I need to solution to quelch these untimed events.
    Does anyone know of an app. or workaround for this?
    Thanks,

Rob
  2.    #2  
    Anybody have this problem or know of a solution?
    You probably have your reasons for leaving your treo on through the night, but I like a free program called, TreoHelper - among other features, it allows you to schedule what time each day of the week to turn on and off automatically.

For example, turn off everyday at 11pm and turn on automatically at 6am.
    No.. That turns the *radio* on and off.. Not the Palm itself.

You can use Profiles to turn the screen and volume all the way down.

I find it odd, however, that untimed events go off at midnight.. You sure there isn't some setting you've missed somewhere?
    Sounds to me like you just need to uncheck the alarm in the detials section for those events.
    Yeah uncheck the alarm. But I have my alarms turned on, and they don't go off at midnight...unless I've been sleeping thru them. hmmmm, see now you got me thinking! I hate when I do that!
    Quote Originally Posted by rsorbo
    Hello:

I'm having an issue with alerts like birthdays or holidays coming on in the middle of the night around midnight. Needless to say, my wife is not happy with this and I need to solution to quelch these untimed events.
    Does anyone know of an app. or workaround for this?
    Thanks,

Rob
    there is an app called CrazyAlarms that you can schedule an alarm to mute and unmute the sound. you can set to repeat everyday.

forgot the link but do a search on www.mytreo.net
    I would also recommend Butler - you can program it to turn off alarms during certain hours. I have mine set to only allow alarms between 7am and 10pm - but it will still wake me with the Butler alarm. Great program with good support.