Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I have spent a couple of days looking at every thread I could find on hotsync issues and couldn't find anything on the problem I have.

At work I use a Dell Laptop with Windows XP Pro SP2 and the most current version of the Palm desktop and Hotsync manager. And I use the standard sync cable that came with the phone. Cingular Unlocked running last update of software and Goodlink 4.5.0.65. and have had no problems.

At home I have a home built PC running windows xp pro sp2 and the same versions of the Palm software and hotsync manager.

Last Friday before I left work I synced my phone without a hitch.

On Monday I went to sync it again and the Hotsync manager won't start. I can connect to the pc through Softick Card Export, and tried a brand new cable borrowed from the help desk so I don't think it is the cable.

I connect the phone to the cable and it makes the audible connect sound. I press the hotsync button and the laptop makes the USB connect bing bong sound. But the hotsync manager never starts up. I reinstalled the Palm Desktop and hotsync manager and made sure my sync settings were correct.

I took the phone and cable home and connected to my desktop and viola it sync'd right up. I installed a program that I thought might be giving me a problem (Which I removed at work with no good luck) and still sync'd up again.

Not sure where to look at this point. This seems to have come out of no where. I did all of the Windows Device manager checks on the USB ports and none of them seem to be having problems.

Thoughts on what I can check next would be very helpful.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    It took a complete uninstall and reinstall of the Palm Desktop and hotsync manager. And had to update Docs2Go since the Palm installer installed the old version of the programs on my handset.